MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Are you not pimping Brandon Allen anymore?
    I don't recall ever pimping him but we have a surplus of average 1b who should be moved for relief pitching so I never have to see Aaron Heilman again

Wish we would give Allen a shot though, Miranda has been doing terrible since early July while Allen is hitting 303/426/570 in AAA

Comment

• So that fight thing was pretty god damn stupid. Gregg had already gotten run from the game for coming off the mound to Ortiz.Ortiz should have just kept himself in check. That's likely a five game suspension, even though the punches didn't connect.

But really, this is cute and all Orioles. You make a big huff because your crap defense allowed eight runs to score in the first and then try to play it off like you're the Angels of Baseball justice. Gregg was clearly throwing WAAAY inside to Ortiz too, anyone could see it. If I'm an O's fan dealing with a ****** team that's been run poorly for this many years, you gotta love a guy like Buck. But throwing at people for no god damn reason and trying to swing it as "oh we were trying to compete" is complete crap. No reason for anyone to get hurt in garbage time, especially when no one on the Sox did anything to rub it in or particularly unsportsmanlike. It would be different if this was a Manny admiring his shot situation or something of that, but these were meaningless innings.

The funny part is Gregg went on the claim that it's the best way to get Ortiz out....which might have been true six years ago, but this year he's clobbering balls inside according to all charts. He's probably bullshitting due to the fact he didn't have any real good reason to try to hit Ortiz, but if he's not he's certainly not doing his due diligence on how to get the hitters he'll be facing out, especially ones he'll be facing multiple times within the division.

EDIT:
      The one good thing from that is we get the best thing John Lackey has done in a Red Sox uniform; tossed a bunch of guys off Scutaro and basically was willing to take the entire team on.
      Last edited by ElectricEye; 07-09-2011, 02:04 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        if there's a bigger douchebag in baseball then Jose Valverde I'd like to meet him
        Frank Francisco
        Off John Perrotto's twitter:
        #Blue Jays' Frank Francisco makes real class move. Asks reporters if they want to talk to him. They say yes and he tells them to f*** off.
        What a troll.

Comment

• The ump should have tossed him after he walked towards Gregg the first time.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            The ump should have tossed him after he walked towards Gregg the first time.
            By the letter of the law, Gregg should have been tossed when he left the mound, which was when Ortiz was yelling.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I won't disagree with that.

http://mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16767889

At the :20 second mark of that video, they should have both been tossed, although, by letter of the law (Rule 9.04a1), it is the ump's discretion.

Comment

• Jeter now one hit away from 3k btw.

Comment

• Jeter with a homerun. That's 3k. Awesome way to do it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I called it last night at dinner that Jeter's 3000th would be a HR. I am awesome.
                    congrats jeter!
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• 2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I hate Jeter....that's all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Jeter is the first man to ever reach this milestone and he is better than any player ever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Jeter is the first man to ever reach this milestone and he is better than any player ever.
                            I think this calls for an HBO special.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I think this calls for an HBO special.
                              Rising from Upper Middle Class to BEST PLAYER OF ALL ******* TIME: The Derek Jeter story.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Pedro Alvarez got sent down to AAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information