Beltre 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Cano 2B
    Avila C

Weaver is starting.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• NL Lineup is constructed oddly in my opinion. But Bochy has always had a hard time generating offense.

AL lineup is deep when Cano bats 8th. You could say the same about Tulo but he should be batting up higher.
      Last edited by Jughead10; 07-11-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Tulo is batting 8th also. It's an All Star Lineup of course it's deep. The lineups are pretty even numbers wise it's just the AL has more "names."
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Tulo is batting 8th also. It's an All Star Lineup of course it's deep. The lineups are pretty even numbers wise it's just the AL has more "names."
          Like Alex Aliva?
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Tulo is batting 8th also. It's an All Star Lineup of course it's deep. The lineups are pretty even numbers wise it's just the AL has more "names."
            By names you mean guys who have done it more consistently. Which is what I'll take my chances with. But I still don't like the construction of the NL lineup even given the 9 choices.

Comment

• Well not really. If you do position by position it's about even just using their numbers from this year.

C McCann > Avila
              1B Gonzalez > Fielder
              2B Cano = Weeks
              3B Beltre > Rolen
              SS Asdrubal > Tulo
              LF Holliday > Hamilton
              CF Kemp > Granderson
              RF Bautista > Berkman
              DH Ortiz > Beltran

5-3 AL with one tie but all very close except for 3B.
              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 07-11-2011, 01:28 PM.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 3B is really weak for the NL with all the injuries. I know Berkman was voted in at OF, but if Bochy wanted a competent person in the RF, they shoulda really put Beltran there instead of Berkman. Don't get me wrong I love the Big Pumma and he is the reason we are anywhere near first place, but his defense.....well lacks a bit.

And to add to GF's brilliant post......Halladay > Weaver. And I would give the slightest of edges to the NL with the pitching.

Comment

• Yeah well that makes no sense either. Beltran's knees are fine and he's been good in RF. Berkman will probably cost the NL team defensively. I don't know why Sandoval or Aramis Ramirez aren't at 3B for the NL. Rolen is terrible this year.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Aramis Ramirez was asked to participate in the all-star game on sunday, but he declined because of family plans. Also... he has put up the entirety of his numbers the last three weeks.

Granted, Rolen would have been an all-star anyway.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Even as a Reds fan, I think it's ridiculous that Rolen is in the game, much less starting. He has been terrible offensively this year. Defense, however, is as good as ever.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Well not really. If you do position by position it's about even just using their numbers from this year.

C McCann > Avila
                        1B Gonzalez > Fielder
                        2B Cano = Weeks
                        3B Beltre > Rolen
                        SS Asdrubal > Tulo
                        LF Holliday > Hamilton
                        CF Kemp > Granderson
                        RF Bautista > Berkman
                        DH Ortiz > Beltran

5-3 AL with one tie but all very close except for 3B.
                        I don't care about just this year. I'd rate Tulo better than Asbrubal. We all know he is a better player. What Asdrubal has done over 80 something games doesn't mean as much as what he has done over the last 3-4 years. I just don't like the construction of the lineup. Tulo should be batting higher. Holliday too. The lineup changes so much with subs that I'd rather get Tulo a potential 3 ABs. Batting 8th guarantees him 2 maybe even 1.

In a perfect world this game wouldn't mean anything and the lineups wouldn't matter as they would just be having fun.

I'd also compare them via spot in the lineup if anything. Because if you rate them by position, then defense has to count for something, and it would change things.
                        Last edited by Jughead10; 07-11-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Tulo is going to play most of the game since there are only 2 NL SS on the roster. He'll get 2 AB's definitely and possibly 3.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Picks anyone? I'm goin Gonzo over Kemp

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• Gimme Prince.

Comment

• Anyone bold enough to predict Rickie Weeks?

I'm taking Jose Bautista.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information