No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a very nice win for the Brewers as well and I never said it wasn't. It's a rare win/win right now.

There is no way we would have won a grievance hearing. Also, the only reason they are PTBNL's is because the deal materialized so quickly. Apparently they first started talking only yesterday morning. This gives the Mets time to scout players and make the best choice as to who they want in return.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Here's a good question though. With all the stuff that gets leaked to reporters and beat writers about deals and other news, why can't they ever get their hands on these PTBNL lists? It's apparently only 5 people.
      Rubin will get the list within a week I bet.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rumor that the Cards and Rays might swap Rasmus for Hellickson.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sounds like a ton of teams are interested in Beltran. I hate to see him go because he's one of my all time favorite Mets players but if we can't get a pick for him I feel like we could get a solid haul for him with prospects.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Borat how would you feel about giving up Gary Brown in a deal for Beltran? He's a perfect fit for Citi so if we do deal Beltran to you guys I'm going to be dissapointed if he's not in the deal.
            I would be super pissed. Especially since I wanted Brown in last draft and they actually took him which was sweet. And then I had to vehemently defend him when the SABR dorks didn't like his lack of walks.

A lot of people view him as the Giants' top prospect so I don't think he'd be involved in a Beltran deal. For Reyes would be a different issue though. Of course, you always have to note that it is Sabean pulling the trigger so you never can rule out him making a stupid ******* trade.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
              I would be super pissed. Especially since I wanted Brown in last draft and they actually took him which was sweet. And then I had to vehemently defend him when the SABR dorks didn't like his lack of walks.

A lot of people view him as the Giants' top prospect so I don't think he'd be involved in a Beltran deal. For Reyes would be a different issue though. Of course, you always have to note that it is Sabean pulling the trigger so you never can rule out him making a stupid ******* trade.
              It's either him or Wheeler but yeah. Part of me feels like Sabean would give up one of them. I'd like either but Brown just seems perfect. At this point there is no way we deal Reyes.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• im all for the giants trading good prospects for beltran, i personally dont want the diamondbacks to be buyers unless its someone we can retain long term

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Rumor that the Cards and Rays might swap Rasmus for Hellickson.
                  Hm. Interesting that the Rays would consider that. Rasmus has been a bit of a headache for the Cards along with his Dad and has under produced a little bit with the bat. Hasn't been the best defender in the world either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I don't want the Giants trading Brown, Belt or Wheeler. I'd be fine with any other prospect being traded that helps land Beltran or Reyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                      I don't want the Giants trading Brown, Belt or Wheeler. I'd be fine with any other prospect being traded that helps land Beltran or Reyes.
                      I don't want to Eric Surkamp either lol.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        I don't want to Eric Surkamp either lol.
                        Are you using Eric Surkamp as a verb?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Are you using Eric Surkamp as a verb?
                          Haha.
                          What, you've never Ericed anyone before?

Comment

• sounds like the tribe is gonna explore adding a right handed outfielder. lots of people suggest ryan ludwick (who was an indian before we let him go due to suckage in cleveland coincidentally) though i wonder if they can get melky cabrera or jeff francoeur from the interdivision rival royals. i know kc wants pitchers and we are chock full young pitching prospects. Guys like Zach McAllister, David Huff, or Scott Barnes could be expendable. I know we won't trade Alex White, Jeanmar Gomez, Nick Hagadone, or future ace Drew Pomeranz though, they're untouchable.

Comment

• I think the Rays would be dumb to make that move. Hellickson is a stud

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• So are you saying their outfield would be Fuld, Rasmus, and Joyce? What becomes of BJ Upton. If they can pull that off and turn around and trade BJ for a solid pitching prospect, I still don't think it's worth it.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information