MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
    So are you saying their outfield would be Fuld, Rasmus, and Joyce? What becomes of BJ Upton. If they can pull that off and turn around and trade BJ for a solid pitching prospect, I still don't think it's worth it.
    Desmond Jennings and Brandon Guyer waiting in Durham. Both definitely merit a call up in this situation

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      Desmond Jennings and Brandon Guyer waiting in Durham. Both definitely merit a call up in this situation
      Desmond Jennings is going to spend the rest of his life in Durham.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• If you guys had to have either Pedroia or Cano for the rest of the year; who would you prefer?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
          If you guys had to have either Pedroia or Cano for the rest of the year; who would you prefer?
          Cano. They do certain things better than each other, but Cano's offensive production is ridiculous for a second baseman. Although, for Boston's lineup I might say Pedroia. Cano doesn't really strike me as a #2 hitter. Cano has also always been crazy good post-AS break, too.

Comment

• For the Pirates first time as buyers, I'm really hoping they dont make that big of a splash. Id much rather see improvements come from internal solutions, such as Cedeno, Alvarez, Tabata, Meek, and Doumit coming back from injury.

Only spot I'd like to see a bat picked up is 1B to replace Overbay. I think Jones can take starts there and Hague can be called up, so there's no need to give up a ton for a bat. Catcher is another spot worth making a deal for, even though McKennry has been doing well behind the plate.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              Cano. They do certain things better than each other, but Cano's offensive production is ridiculous for a second baseman. Although, for Boston's lineup I might say Pedroia. Cano doesn't really strike me as a #2 hitter. Cano has also always been crazy good post-AS break, too.
              Pedroia is having just as good of an offensive year as Cano. Cano slugs better but Pedroia gets on base a lot more. They're about even this year.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• D'Backs out righting Miranda and calling up Allen about time, then once he sucks we bring up Goldschimdt

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Pedroia is having just as good of an offensive year as Cano. Cano slugs better but Pedroia gets on base a lot more. They're about even this year.
                  i'd also say Pedroia is probably better defensively, but the main thing for me would be the fact that Cano is something else post all-star break. last year was the first time he didn't make a drastic improvement from the first to second half of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    D'Backs out righting Miranda and calling up Allen about time, then once he sucks we bring up Goldschimdt
                    I don't get the hate for Allen. He was good at the end of last year, and has been tearing up AAA for a while now...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It's nothing against Allen he just isn't Goldschmidt, but no one is. Goldschmidt is the best hitter in the minors.

And any decent hitter will tear up Reno it's AAA Coors without the humidor

Cody Ransom for example 326/406/643 24 HR 83 RBI 25 2b 2 3b in 85 games
                      Last edited by fenikz; 07-14-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• He's still an .800ish OPS guy if you try to stabilize playing in the PCL. As for best hitter in the minors, Brett Lawrie's pretty good (although he also plays in the PCL but still...).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• We cut Wily Mo :(

Comment

• That's ********! Talk about a guy you'd love to see in a HR Derby...

Comment

• Did anyone else here watch the Showtime show "The Franchise: a Season with the SF Giants" last night? I thought it was pretty good, kind of a Hard Knocks feel to it. I also am a Giants fan but I though it was interesting.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Yea I watched that it was pretty cool. Brian Wilson is absolutely hilarious.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information