Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    How's Jenry's elbow doing these days?

EDIT: Seriously Minnesota, 7 shutout innings from David Huff? Jesus Christ.
    Meh, it's bound to happen to most pitchers. Might as well get it out of the way now instead of when he's on his streak of 7 consecutive Cy Youngs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      And I will always root for you and I to get married, but that won't happen either probably mister. Mike Adams is really, really, really good and Jon Singleton's power has disappeared.
      Probably isn't Impossibly. ~Casey Anthony

Singleton's swing was tinkered with early in the season and isn't the FSL more of a pitcher's league? He's got amazing plate discipline for a younger player and he's still one of the youngest players in the league. I don't know, I'm a fan of him but then again; he will never play in Philly given that ridiculous contract Howard has. It just sucks to trade the only IF prospect the Phillies have had since Utley for a reliever. Adams is very good but it just feels weird.

Still, the Phillies want to win now. It's been a rough season for the prospects. Cosart has been OK but his windup is still herky-jerky, Colvin has been a flop, Trevor May is still probably a closer and Valle can't draw a walk to save his life. I still love Jesse Biddle and would be willing to trade any prospect outside of him.
      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
        Probably isn't Impossibly. ~Casey Anthony

Singleton's swing was tinkered with early in the season and isn't the FSL more of a pitcher's league? He's got amazing plate discipline for a younger player and he's still one of the youngest players in the league. I don't know, I'm a fan of him but then again; he will never play in Philly given that ridiculous contract Howard has. It just sucks to trade the only IF prospect the Phillies have had since Utley for a reliever. Adams is very good but it just feels weird.

Still, the Phillies want to win now. It's been a rough season for the prospects. Cosart has been OK but his windup is still herky-jerky, Colvin has been a flop, Trevor May is still probably a closer and Valle can't draw a walk to save his life. I still love Jesse Biddle and would be willing to trade any prospect outside of him.
        Stop giving me false hope :(. Just trade Howard.........haha sorry, I shouldn't joke like that could ever happen.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• So who wants to give me lots for Carlos Beltran?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            So who wants to give me lots for Carlos Beltran?
            I had no idea we were in the presence of Sandy Alderson.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              I had no idea we were in the presence of Sandy Alderson.

We aren't blessed enough to be. However, the deal must be approved by me first before it is sent to the Savior.

Comment

• Besides his ridiculously low BABIP how have people not started tearing Collmenter up yet? I don't think any of his pitches can be rated above a 40 and people should have enough tape on his delivery already

Comment

• Ryan Vogelsong is now officially the NL ERA leader at 2.02. Nice to see him doing so well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    Besides his ridiculously low BABIP how have people not started tearing Collmenter up yet? I don't think any of his pitches can be rated above a 40 and people should have enough tape on his delivery already
                    The NL West contains the offenses of San Diego and San Francisco.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Only started 1 game vs them(SF) others are:

@LA
                      ATL
                      @COL
                      @Hou
                      Was
                      @Pit
                      CHW
                      @Det
                      @Oak
                      @Mil
                      Mil

Comment

• I havent been able to follow the Braves farm as closley as I would have liked this year. Normally I have games sent to me and what not, but I've only been watching Gwinnett this season...mostly for Teheren. Who is a cool 10-1 in AAA.

But yeah, it's nice to see some life among our IF in the lower levels. Our farm is rather poor at the field positions, but a few guys have been making some noise this year...

SS, Tyler Pastornicky, finally has things figured out in AA. Putting together a fine season. He's no all world talent, but he's pretty solid across the board. The guy just puts the ball in play, strikeouts just seem rare when you watch him. Fantastic strike zone recognition. At worst, the guy's a solid utility player. But I think there is more potential there. He reminds me of Yunel in a number of ways. Less power/more speed, however. But yeah, I like Tyler a lot, could be our future lead off guy even, if the stars align.

3B, Edward Salcedo, has seen some progression in low A. Salcedo is a former top International Prospect, for anyone who doesnt know. Bound to be one of our top prospects soon. At 19, he's putting up good numbers. Hitting .280 with a .350 OBP, 10 homers, 24 doubles, 5 triples, and 14 SB. His plate progression is solid compared to a year ago. He's a freak athletically and he's a pretty huge kid for 19. He's going to have some big time power as his body continues to get bigger and mature. The fact still remains that he's a liability in the field right now. Obviously we want to keep him at 3B, but he still has a lot of work to do. He certainly has the arm strength and athletic prowess, but the dude has 30 errors in low A year. Just for a comparative number, even Elvis Andrus had 32 errors at 20 years old in the minors. Salcedo is still only 19 yet, but in any case 30+ errors is pretty gross. haha. But, he's still incredibly toolsy and it's just a matter of time before it all clicks.

1B, William Beckwith, is just someone I would like to make note of. Who knows what his future holds, but this kid has been an absolute terror in Danville this year. Fresh off a 5 RBI game, kid is just tearing it up. I'm excited to see how his career plays out. He's been a real hot name among Braves fans recently. Dudes tear up the Appy League and do nothing with their careers all the time...but Beckwith has been generating some nice buzz of late. Hopefully he pans out.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-19-2011, 03:04 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• With the Mets footing the bill for the rest of Beltran's contract we're definitely going to net a good return on him. Not to mention there will be a bidding war between about 10 teams for the best bat available on the market.

We f*cked Cosart up big time last night. I love his stuff but his delivery really scares me so I'd be scared he's going to get hurt.

Gorski is just a late bloomer. Looks like he has #4 potential now which is better than nothing. He's a lefty with a average fastball and good off speed. Nothing wrong with that.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            With the Mets footing the bill for the rest of Beltran's contract we're definitely going to net a good return on him. Not to mention there will be a bidding war between about 10 teams for the best bat available on the market.

We f*cked Cosart up big time last night. I love his stuff but his delivery really scares me so I'd be scared he's going to get hurt.
                            I don't know about you, but I have zero problem trading Beltran in division. I just want the best return. And if we are dealing with Philly, I'd rather get Singleton. Don't care if he's blocked, dude can hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I don't know about you, but I have zero problem trading Beltran in division. I just want the best return. And if we are dealing with Philly, I'd rather get Singleton. Don't care if he's blocked, dude can hit.
                              I have no problem dealing Beltran to the Braves or Phillies. It would be better for us actually since it might take away a top prospect from them which strengthens us for the future and weakens a division rival.

Singleton's lack of power this year kind of scares me. Only a .399 SLG and a .121 ISO. He's also striking out a little more than years past.
                              Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm not sold that the Mets will get a great deal for Beltran. He's a pure 2-month rental that can't be offered arbitration. Maybe they get a B/B- prospect along with a C.
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information