MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I don't know that's why I'm not GM. We've seen teams get scared and make funny deals to try and put them over the top. When you have rival teams possibly going after the same player it could only help. Beltran in the playoffs could absolutely be a huge difference maker. You can make an easy argument that a bat is more of a difference maker than a SP. Lee could only affect 2 games in a series while a bat plays everyday. As for the smaller market teams I don't think they are really in the hunt but it still creates an illusion that a large number of teams are after him. We'll see soon though what he brings back.
    I disagree. Any two games Lee is on the mound makes more of a difference than a player like Beltran. Give me Lee for 2 starts any day over 20 ABs from someone of the caliber of Beltran.

Lee has a chance to make that game his. Who knows what type of situation a hitter will come up in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      I disagree. Any two games Lee is on the mound makes more of a difference than a player like Beltran. Give me Lee for 2 starts any day over 20 ABs from someone of the caliber of Beltran.

Lee has a chance to make that game his. Who knows what type of situation a hitter will come up in.
      He was younger but what look at what Beltran did for the Astros in 2004. A hitter can make a huge difference. If Beltran is batting 6th in that Red Sox lineup he'll have plenty of opportunites to drive people in.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He was younger but what look at what Beltran did for the Astros in 2004. A hitter can make a huge difference. If Beltran is batting 6th in that Red Sox lineup he'll have plenty of opportunites to drive people in.
        Well if any team is expecting that from Beltran, their GM should be shot. That was a once in a lifetime playoffs. Which got you stuck with the contract you guys signed him to. That is such an extreme you have to throw it out the window.

Comment

The Astros traded away Dotel and John Buck for Beltran, not exactly a ransom.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I didn't say he would repeat that but it's an example of a hitter can make a huge difference. On Boston that lineup would not have an easy out if they got him. As for the Beltran contract with the Mets it was still 100% worth it even with the last 2 injury plagued years.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              The Astros traded away Dotel and John Buck for Beltran, not exactly a ransom.
              And the Mets traded Kazmir for Zambrano. You never know what's going to happen. There are still idiots all over MLB front office's. I wouldn't put it by Sabean to do something dumb as always.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

And the Mets traded Kazmir for Zambrano. You never know what's going to happen. There are still idiots all over MLB front office's. I wouldn't put it by Sabean to do something dumb as always.
                Using your own franchise's past idiocy to justify being able to put one over on another team. Haha. I like it.

Comment

• That's certainly not the only dumb deadline deal. Teams panic and then anything can happen. We're going to find out soon enough.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• When is the deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                      When is the deadline?
                      I believe July 31st.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Yeah it's Sunday July 31.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Keppinger to the Giants.

Comment

• Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                              Championship.
                              ... AGAIN!
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Anyone want Schafer? I'm so sick of him. .297 OBP out of the lead off spot. mmmm mmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information