No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the Nats trade for Gomes? That made no sense. It's almost like when the Pirates traded for Matt Morris that one year.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• God I hate that POS... I'm glad his season fell off the face of the earth.

Comment

• Maybe they just wanted to **** block the Braves. The team that had the most interest in him, apparently. lol. I'm glad we didnt get him, although...I'll always appreciate his ability to hit lefties effectively...something my team cannot do.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thank you Washington for taking Gomes. .210 hitter with terrible defense.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
          <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
          <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
          <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
            Thank you Washington for taking Gomes. .210 hitter with terrible defense.
            Gomes walks a lot and has some power. He's not particularly good (what the **** UZR, positive defense this year? I don't think so), but he's not bad as a bench bat.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• How Dare You Throw The Ball At Bautista's Head

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Gomes walks a lot and has some power. He's not particularly good (what the **** UZR, positive defense this year? I don't think so), but he's not bad as a bench bat.
                He has walked a decent amount this year, not historically. He has value against lefties, but that's it.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• Braves/Pirates are going to the 14th. Braves cant win a game at all right now, this is getting pathetic. And Mccann/Schafer are going to the DL. No one's missing Schafer but freaking Mccann...falling apart.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Cristhian Martinez has pitched 5 innings in relief for Atlanta. lol.

Game is in the 15th.

edit...lets make it 6 innings of relief and 16 innings now.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-26-2011, 11:35 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• So who can cap the NL MVP race?

Reyes and Kemp are both not making the playoffs.

Prince has cooled down considerably and Braun is raking, but missed some time.

J-Up is on a freaking tear but his overall #s aren't spectacular and they'll probably miss the playoffs.

The Phillies and Braves don't have any offensive candidates really. OK, MAYBE Howard or McCann...

???????? Could Roy Halladay get it?

Seems like a fascinating race. Maybe this will be the year a non-playoff qualifier steals it. Reyes or Kemp?
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• King Upton ftw!

if he ends the year with a 300 BA 900 OPS 30 HR 100 RBI 25 SB with say a 90 win team(on pace for 88) I say give him the MVP :D

he's even technically been unlucky given his career BABIP .354 & .360 his last 2 years only .339 right now
                        Last edited by fenikz; 07-27-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• This Pirate-Brave game is never going to end. Going into the bottom of the 18th now.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                            So who can cap the NL MVP race?

Reyes and Kemp are both not making the playoffs.

Prince has cooled down considerably and Braun is raking, but missed some time.

J-Up is on a freaking tear but his overall #s aren't spectacular and they'll probably miss the playoffs.

The Phillies and Braves don't have any offensive candidates really. OK, MAYBE Howard or McCann...

???????? Could Roy Halladay get it?

Seems like a fascinating race. Maybe this will be the year a non-playoff qualifier steals it. Reyes or Kemp?
                            Howard? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• 19 innings and counting. I have work in the morning, but I really don't want this game to end.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                King Upton ftw!

if he ends the year with a 300 BA 900 OPS 30 HR 100 RBI 25 SB with say a 90 win team(on pace for 88) I say give him the MVP :D

he's even technically been unlucky given his career BABIP .354 & .360 his last 2 years only .339 right now
                                He hasn't been unlucky. He's been getting more fly balls and less grounders, and that's the reason for the slight BABIP drop.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information