No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Chris Singleton reports that the Brewers have acquired Jerry Hairston from the Nationals.

Comment

• Nooooooooo. Why trade away a good pitcher who isnt even arb eligible and is more valuable to you than to other teams for a bunch of underwhelming prospects. Fister has seen his velo and K/9 increase this year and is a solid 3/4.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
        Nooooooooo. Why trade away a good pitcher who isnt even arb eligible and is more valuable to you than to other teams for a bunch of underwhelming prospects. Fister has seen his velo and K/9 increase this year and is a solid 3/4.
        Francisco Martinez is a very solid prospect, and there's still a PTBNL.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Ok know there may be a "significant PTBNL". Maybe somebody from the 2010 class? Do the Tigers even have those apart from Castellanos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Francisco Martinez is a very solid prospect, and there's still a PTBNL.
            Any idea on him? Expendable obviously since Castellanos is the future at 3rd for the Tigers.

Comment

Ok know there may be a "significant PTBNL". Maybe somebody from the 2010 class? Do the Tigers even have those apart from Castellanos?
              Ruffin or Smyly.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Any idea on him? Expendable obviously since Castellanos is the future at 3rd for the Tigers.
                He's very toolsy and his defense is better than Castellanos at third (who is a bit of a butcher right now), and he's holding his own for being the second youngest hitter in AA. His patience is lacking, but he's only 20.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

He's very toolsy and his defense is better than Castellanos at third (who is a bit of a butcher right now), and he's holding his own for being the second youngest hitter in AA. His patience is lacking, but he's only 20.
                  Thanks for that. Fister is a pretty nice get. Not Ubaldo obviously, but under team control for longer and less expensive. Also perhaps one of the few pitchers who may have his WAR and pitcher win record equal. Thank you historically inept M's offence/

Comment

Thanks for that. Fister is a pretty nice get. Not Ubaldo obviously, but under team control for longer and less expensive. Also perhaps one of the few pitchers who may have his WAR and pitcher win record equal. Thank you historically inept M's offence/
                    I'm pretty sure Casper just became your best outfielder, which is pretty sad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• GOD DAMN IT. I DIDN'T WANT THEM TO TRADE MARTINEZ!

Enjoy Seattle. He'll be a good one in a couple years.

As for Casper, he's a very useful player.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I'm pretty sure Casper just became your best outfielder, which is pretty sad.
                        With Ichiro morphing to Juan Pierre and Franklin Gutierrez hitting Mendoza line like, he's easily our best outfielder. They have no real outfield prospects close the majors either, so he's probably our most valuable outfielder for a while.

Comment

• I would love to get in on this Denard Span pursuit with the Nats.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Bo Sox got Mike Aviles.

Comment

• can any of the Bo Sox fans here give me some info on Volz?I know a little about Navarro having seen him the 4 games in Boston

Comment

• A Bourn deal is getting close...but the article didnt mention with what team. Has to be Atlanta or Cincy you'd think.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information