Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
    R.Harden to BoSox for 1B L.Anderson and PTBN

    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...en-headed-here
    Ughh hate hate hate.... Terrible ******* mood.

    Comment


    • Thomas Neal for Orlando Cabrera.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hines View Post
        Thomas Neal for Orlando Cabrera.
        What a terrible, terrible trade.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hines View Post
          Thomas Neal for Orlando Cabrera.
          Oh come on, Thomas Neal is nothing special but he's a possible useful fourth outfielder. Cabrera is ******* brutal.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • If the Royals still have Melky Cabrera tomorrow at 3PM (central)... **** that.

            Comment


            • This trade has to mean either Mike Fontenot or Bill Hall are gone. Maybe both.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                This trade has to mean either Mike Fontenot or Bill Hall are gone. Maybe both.
                They DFA Bill Hall last week IIRC.


                Aaron Baker for Derrek Lee.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hines View Post
                  They DFA Bill Hall last week IIRC.


                  Aaron Baker for Derrek Lee.
                  Just looked, yeah you're right.

                  Still though we already traded for Keppinger and Sanchez has a chance of returning in a month.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    Span for Storen is going to happen. Someone just end me now. I seriously do not understand why we think Ben Revere has been in any way successful in his place, much less good enough to make one of the best leadoff hitters in the game with a ridiculously awesome contract expendable.
                    As a Nats fan, I will be livid if they give up Storen for Span. Absolutely atomically raged.

                    Originally posted by phlysac
                    I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
                    The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Alex View Post
                      As a Nats fan, I will be livid if they give up Storen for Span. Absolutely atomically raged.

                      Lol, you can have your relief pitcher who pitches an inning every other game I'll take an above average everyday player.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Oh come on, Thomas Neal is nothing special but he's a possible useful fourth outfielder. Cabrera is ******* brutal.
                        Remember when you said Thomas Neal was what we were going to get for Beltran?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Lol, you can have your relief pitcher who pitches an inning every other game I'll take an above average everyday player.
                          I've had to sit through pure and utter trash in the bullpen for too long in DC. A 23 year old closer with pretty good control and potential to grow is a big franchise asset. Keep in mind that the Nats got him due to Bowden's inability to finalize the Aaron Crow deal.

                          Originally posted by phlysac
                          I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
                          The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            Remember when you said Thomas Neal was what we were going to get for Beltran?
                            Clearly I overestimated Sabean. And Span >>>>>>>>>>> Storen value wise, and this is coming as a huge Storen fan.


                            RIP TheManInBlack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Alex View Post
                              I've had to sit through pure and utter trash in the bullpen for too long in DC. A 23 year old closer with pretty good control and potential to grow is a big franchise asset. Keep in mind that the Nats got him due to Bowden's inability to finalize the Aaron Crow deal.
                              I'm not saying Storen isn't good. He is. There isn't a reliever in the league I would trade Span for though. They just are not as valuable as everyday players, and are way too volatile. You can pick up good relievers off the scrap heap it happens every year, you can't do that with center fielders.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                I'm not saying Storen isn't good. He is. There isn't a reliever in the league I would trade Span for though. They just are not as valuable as everyday players, and are way too volatile. You can pick up good relievers off the scrap heap it happens every year, you can't do that with center fielders.
                                While I agree that everyday players have more value than relievers, I just don't want to part with the franchise closer before he even really gets going. Even more so when Mike MacDougal of all people was the team's closer a couple years ago. I want a dependable shutdown closer for the future, not a random veteran rotation every year.

                                That said, I like Denard Span a lot. Do the Twins need a catcher with Mauer's move to first seemingly inevitable? I'd willingly deal Derek Norris from the minors and another player if necessary.

                                Originally posted by phlysac
                                I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
                                The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information