MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    I think there's a chance Melky finally clicked and can be close to as good as he is now next season.
    Still not a good deal for the Royals. They'll be optimized with Alex Gordon batting second and a real leadoff hitter starting things (Lorenzo Cain). That's why Melky is so easily traded, imo. He's productive and doesn't serve a role on the future roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      And they still finish 4th in the AL East if they're lucky.
      when either the offense or pitching is good it`s a .500 club, so if both sides do well than i don`t see how the wild card isn`t in the Jays`picture...

don`t give me this Sox and Yankees stuff, because the Rays proved another team can do well in the divison
      Last edited by PACKmanN; 07-31-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• aren't they realigning them next year anyways?

thought Houston was told they were 100% moving to the AL West just recently

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Psh, Keith Law's already tweeted me.
          Did he Direct Message pictures of himself to you though?
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I've also talked to him on twitter, one of the best people to follow

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
              I'm using PhotoBooth on a Mac, I either have to do the lip curl thing, the confused stare or the light display of anger. It shows that I'm either willing to have a lot of fun or that I have a chip on my shoulder.
              The chip on the shoulder look gets me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                when either the offense or pitching is good it`s a .500 club, so if both sides do well than i don`t see how the wild card isn`t in the Jays`picture...

don`t give me this Sox and Yankees stuff, because the Rays proved another team can do well in the divison
                I won't give you the Sox/Yankees stuff...I'll give you the Sox/Yankees/Rays stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  I won't give you the Sox/Yankees stuff...I'll give you the Sox/Yankees/Rays stuff.
                  Haha yeah. It's going to be hard. Don't give me this Yankees/Sox stuff? Please. Before Tampa broke through in 2008 (and their window may have already passed), you have to go back to the 1997 Orioles for another team from the division to make the playoffs. And I certainly don't think that team presented earlier will be the one to do it.

Comment

• C.Bucholz has a stress fracture in his lower back.
                    Most likely, he's out for the season
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      C.Bucholz has a stress fracture in his lower back.
                      Most likely, he's out for the season
                      I hear he can possibly make it back for the post season... This makes the Bedard trade look better (probably why they were so gung-ho to get a starter)

Though I do have to say I am still not a huge fan of the trade. If he helps us down the stretch great but I hate getting these oft injured guys that once were good or once had potential...

Comment

• Yeah, that's a *****. I'm just curious about why it took so long to find that out. He went through like six different doctors, most of which told him he was alright to pitch. Not saying he's hearing what he wants to hear(The team actually made him go) or inferring anything from the end result, but it is a little odd.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yea its deffinatly interesting... They shut him down for a while too. Its just weird how it takes over a month to figure that out. I will say I am glad how the team handled it. With 2 of our top 3 starters out, they didn't rush him back.

Comment

• I forgot who said this but I heard it on the radio the other day. They said that Bedard has the the health of JD Drew and the PR skills of John Lackey so he'll be perfect a Red Sox.

Comment

• I think Keith Law said something about him being the only Canadian he's met who's a complete DB. I'll take the production of a JD Drew in pitcher form down the stretch run, though. He's proven he can do well in the AL East as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I think Keith Law said something about him being the only Canadian he's met who's a complete DB. I'll take the production of a JD Drew in pitcher form down the stretch run, though. He's proven he can do well in the AL East as well.
                                I still think it was a good trade as you didn't give up much, but the fact he did well 3-4 years ago in the AL East means nothing to me after two shoulder surgeries.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information