MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
    What was his limit his first start back? I'm going to agree with you and say they won't let him go much past 80 pitches.
    I'm not sure but he didn't make it out of the 2nd inning though so I doubt he reached it lol
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      BOS SP E.Bedard tonight... calling it... 5IP, 2ER,7K (on a 85 pitch count limit)
      pretty safe bet that the Indians aren't gonna score many runs with Masterson pitching for us. He should have 14 or 15 wins with his ridiculous ERA instead of the 8 he does have.

Comment

• I love Justin Masterson. He wouldn't have done as well here as he's done in Cleveland, but I'm still upset we let him go :/ Glad to see him doing well after bounding around a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
          I love Justin Masterson. He wouldn't have done as well here as he's done in Cleveland, but I'm still upset we let him go :/ Glad to see him doing well after bounding around a bit.
          I agree... I miss him. Was kinda the Aceves of old. I think he wishes he never left. His wife continues to bring Remy and Orsillo anytime the Tribe and Sox play.
          Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 08-04-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Lawrie called up. I guess we'll start to see if he's the real deal with the bat now.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I love Justin Masterson. He wouldn't have done as well here as he's done in Cleveland, but I'm still upset we let him go :/ Glad to see him doing well after bounding around a bit.
              how so? he's been consistently great this year regardless of the opponent and is a ground ball pitcher, which bodes well for Fenway and their good infield defense. I'm sure his ERA might be slightly higher in the East, but not that much worse.

Comment

• Jim Callis
                #Diamondbacks over #Braves. @dbacks25: Which rotation you prefer long-term? Bauer/Parker/Bradley/Skaggs or Teheran/Vizcaino/Delgado/Minor
                that is all :D

Comment

• By circumstance I have to go with the Braves right now. All 4 of their pitchers are doing really well and are all close to the majors where the Dbacks have a pitcher who just threw his 1st professional inning and another who hasn't even signed yet.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    how so? he's been consistently great this year regardless of the opponent and is a ground ball pitcher, which bodes well for Fenway and their good infield defense. I'm sure his ERA might be slightly higher in the East, but not that much worse.
                    Well, considering we had already penciled him in as a future setup man who didn't face lefties, I feel pretty confident in saying the Indians were a better fit for him. He had some real growing pains getting to this point too. I don't think we would have been as patient with him while he figured it out.

Again, not trying to take anything away from Masterson. I think he's legit, even, but getting into a new organization did him some good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• that makes sense. he did have the whole of last year of being below average before his epiphany of a season he's having this year. it would be hard to beat boston this year though if they had a rotation headed by beckett/masterson/lester if they held onto him and not given up on his starting potential.

Comment

• Ended up being a good trade for both teams, in the end. We got two years of an impact bat, you guys got a good young pitcher.

The Erik Bedard era has started with strikeouts and 94 MPH fastballs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• So this Dustin Ackley kid is hitting 315/377/559. Small sample and bound to regress but sleeper ROY candidate?

Comment

Ended up being a good trade for both teams, in the end. We got two years of an impact bat, you guys got a good young pitcher.

The Erik Bedard era has started with strikeouts and 94 MPH fastballs.
                            You mean Masterson striking out people cause thats whats happening.

Comment

• So Josh Reddick is still good. Not as good, but still very good. Feel pretty good longterm about right field. If he keeps playing like this, he'll stick. If he doesn't, Kalish still projects to be a good player too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
                                So this Dustin Ackley kid is hitting 315/377/559. Small sample and bound to regress but sleeper ROY candidate?
                                Michael Pineda.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information