MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    I have no idea what the hell Jones was thinking. Terrible baserunning.
    Reddick has a cannon too. Just not a lot of thought put into that whatsoever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      He's turned into a very solid corner outfielder.
      Especially for someone you didn't even want on the team 3 months ago.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Reddick has a cannon too. Just not a lot of thought put into that whatsoever.
        Are you surprised about Reddick? He was top prospect for you guys after all.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Another multi hit game for Constanza...keep em in the lineup.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Are you surprised about Reddick? He was top prospect for you guys after all.
            A little bit. I thought he was on the outs with the organization because of how high we were on Kalish. But he's made the most of the playing time for sure. He's fined his approach a ton. He's got the contact skills to stay above .300 on a consistent basis, so if he can keep walking at this rate he has a real good chance of keeping the RF job into next year even. Brings a welcome athleticism boost to the team too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              A little bit. I thought he was on the outs with the organization because of how high we were on Kalish. But he's made the most of the playing time for sure. He's fined his approach a ton. He's got the contact skills to stay above .300 on a consistent basis, so if he can keep walking at this rate he has a real good chance of keeping the RF job into next year even. Brings a welcome athleticism boost to the team too.
              He actually reminds me of a young JD Drew.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 8 in a row for the Pirates. Yay....

Comment

Young JD Drew was so goddamn talented, that Kalish can't really approach that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Physically, you can make that comp pretty easily. Similar tools.

Personally though, he reminds me of a poor mans version of Vlad Guerrero(or Hunter Pence, really). Reddick goes to the plate wanting to swing first and ask questions later. Normally would be a problem, but he's just so damn good at it that he might be able to make it work. The organization actually actively discouraged him from swinging at all the past few years before setting him loose in order to refine his approach and that's why you see some of the minor league numbers the way they are.

He's one of the real interesting stories of the season so far. He's been challenged a ton the past few years and still has a lot of upside. Really rooting for the guy.
                    Last edited by ElectricEye; 08-05-2011, 08:38 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• What happened? BoSox were up 2-0, I put my son to bed and now it's 3-2 Yanks.
                      That's it. Tomorrow, my son stays up until the game is over.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Lester started walking guys. Almost got out of it doubling up Cano, but it didn't work out.

Salty is doing so much better throwing out runners at this point than he was at the start of the year. He's really turned it around after looking like a high schooler at the start of the season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing about Salty. He looks like a man child back there throwing darts. I love it.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I remember the good ole days when we'd play Salty at 1B. At the time I enjoyed it, but gah his bat never developed like it was supposed to.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• **** Jim Leyland.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Simmons
                                I'd take the Yankees' one-two punch of CC Sabathia and Nova over any other pitching duo right now and maybe for the next five years, the more I'm thinking about it.
                                In case anyone doubted Bill's stupidity.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information