Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
    Ya next time Whiteside should just let Polanco tackle him
    Polanco's not really the type to do that, he was just standing there and Whiteside jumped at his legs. I can't stand the Phillies, but Whiteside is a douchebag.

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
    But what about Scott Cousins!
    Home plate collisions have never happened in the history of ever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Whiteside trying to take out Polanco's legs deserves a suspension.
      Not suspending him is punishment enough.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Did Abreu's homer even go 300 feet?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• This umpire really, really sucks. Bedard has gotten at least 8 strikes taken away so far. I don't like to complain about umps, but this is pretty bad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Did Abreu's homer even go 300 feet?
            BOTH TEAMS PLAY THERE.

Comment

• Way to go Granderson. You get picked off to end the game. Terrible.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Here are some of the prospects from the Northwest League. Some very nice looking pitching prospects here.

Mike Murray
                C - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
                Age - 23
                UDFA by SF from Wake Forest Univ.
                .363 avg, 61 hits, 5 home runs, 34 rbi
                * - more of an offensive catcher, whose strengths live in his bat. This is his second stint in the Northwest League, so the improvement is what should be expected. He really need to work on throwing runners out, and if he improves his defense as a whole he could turn into a serviceable backup

Jace Peterson
                SS - Eugene Emeralds
                Age - 21
                2011 1st Rd. 58th Overall by SD
                .236 avg, 46 hits, 4 triples, 17 rbi, 22 stolen bases in 28 attempts
                * - very intriguing prospect whose game is based off his athleticism. The former McNeese State football player should get even better on the diamond now that he is focusing on football. He has the athleticism that will allow him to stick at short, and his speed could make him into the perfect lead off hitter. I see him turning into a solid big league regular

Joe Panik
                SS - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
                Age - 20
                2011 1st Rd. 29th Overall by SF
                .332 avg, 61 hits, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 36 rbi, 7 stolen bases in 10 attempts
                * - the surprise of the 1st round has looked to be a great selection thus far. His bat has been his best tool, but he is no slouch with the glove either. He should be able to stick at short. He may not have the athleticism that fellow shortstop Jace Peterson has, but his baseball instincts are much further developed and that should allow him to move faster up the minor league food chain. I don’t think he will be a super star, but he will be a solid big league regular.

Paul Hoilman
                1B - Boise Hawks
                Age - 22
                2011 19th Rd. 579th Overall by CHC
                .251 avg, 42 hits, 11 home runs, 35 rbi
                * - The 6’4/240 pound first basemen is an all or nothing power hitter. Obviously he needs to work on cutting down on the strikeouts, but the Cubs lack of impact bats in the minors give hope to Hoilman as he could be an impact bat they need down the line

Justin Nicolino
                LHP - Vancouver Canadians
                Age - 19
                2010 2nd Rd. 80th Overall by TOR
                5 wins & 1 loss in 8 starts, 1.20 era, 0.76 whip, 45.0 IP, 58 Ks to 11 BBs
                * - tall lefty has dominated the Northwest League and looks to project as a 2nd or 3rd starter at worst. He needs to add a bit of weight and strength. Given his young age the Jays should give him some time to hone his craft

Christian Bergman
                RHP - Tri-City Dust Devils
                Age - 23
                2010 24th Rd. 740th Overall by COL
                5 wins & 3 losses in 10 starts, 2.73 era, 1.04 whip, 62.2 IP, 45 Ks to 9 BBs
                * - has made strides since rookie ball last year, but should have dominating numbers given his age, although he has lowered his era over 2 runs while keeping opposing hitters under .240 on the season. I think he will be better suited as a long reliever than a starter

Will Lamb
                LHP - Spokane Indians
                Age - 20
                2011 2nd Rd. 83rd Overall by TEX
                1 win & 1 loss in 6 starts, 3.55 era, 1.45 whip, 33.0 IP, 41 Ks to 20 BBs
                * - tall lefty who I feel projects as a frontline starter, he could add a bit of weight and needs to cut down on his walks, but given that everyone knows the Rangers are looking for pitching, and the fact that Lamb could be a very good starter, he should get every opportunity to succeed in the Rangers Organization

Jose Campos
                RHP - Everett Aqua Sox
                Age - 19
                UDFA by SEA from Venezuela
                4 wins & 3 losses in 10 starts, 2.82 era, 1.09 whip, 54.1 IP, 56 Ks to 9 BBs
                * - tall Venezuelan is making strides in his 3rd professional season. He was great in the VSL last year. He misses a lot of bats and doesn’t walk many hitters. Given that he is 6’4 and only 19, some more growth and velocity should be expected, I think he could project as a solid frontline starter, maybe more
                Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006; 08-10-2011, 12:20 AM.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• So, the last 18 homers by the Giants have all been solo shots. The record is 19. That is pretty ridiculous.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Cliff Lee just went yard.
                    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                      Cliff Lee just went yard.
                      Cliff Lee > Orlando Cabrera (as a hitter). In addition, I think Justin Upton is good people.
                      Last edited by Brodeur; 08-10-2011, 12:17 AM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• DET-CLE game won't end.

Comment

• This Game Needs To End! Ahhhhhhhhh!
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Come on Tigers. They have left someone on the last three innings.

Comment

• ZOMGZZZZ! the Giants hit a homer with a runner on. Unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01
                                "Heartbreaking move, disappointed. What are you hitting, .240?'' Morrison said Beinfest told him. "I don't know if that makes any sense to me or you guys, but all I know is I go out and give everything for this team. I play hurt, play through injury and this is how you get treated. It doesn't seem very fair or right to me.

"They didn't say anything about [my 17 homers and 60 RBI]. They didn't say anything about maybe the reason I was hitting .240 was getting the guy over to third rolling over groundballs, not worrying about average.
                                What a ******** thing to say. How about he just says "Hey, I have the second highest slugging percentage on the team" and goes about his business? Who gives a rats ass about RBIs, batting average, and sacrifices?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information