No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lester has been pretty filthy today...but he's getting an extra inch on the outside for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      God damn. The Pirates spent some serious cash on this draft. Josh Bell was supposed to be unsignable....but I suppose five million talks.
      so did KC.IIRC before the Starling signing we spent arounf $10 million so overall we spent 17.5 million the draft and that's not including international FA's

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Lester has been pretty filthy today...but he's getting an extra inch on the outside for sure.
        Shields is too... It seems only to be a problem for the lefties though.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          I read a article today that said the PTBNL in the Twins/Tigers trade might be a MLB reliever on the Tigers right now but the twins won't get him until after the season. I'm not sure if I'm buying that tho.
          Just saw this a while ago.

@beckjason Jason Beck
          So apparently the PTBNL was actually a PTBNT (player to be named Tuesday). Lester Oliveros goes from the #Tigers to the Twins.

Comment

• I'm going to the Tigers-Twins game tonight.

Verlander is on the mound. Duh Duh Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Pedroia is just unfair defensively.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Hultzen is still a stupid ******* pick.

I think they might have had concerns about signing Starling or would have gone in that direction. I like Hutlzen better than Rendon (the other mentioned guy at #2.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  I think they might have had concerns about signing Starling or would have gone in that direction. I like Hutlzen better than Rendon (the other mentioned guy at #2.)
                  I would of taken (in no particular order) Bauer, Bundy, Rendon, and Starling over Hultzen. Hultzen v Bradley would be a toughie for me because of Bradley's ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    So instead they give Hutlzen the most money of any pick this year, despite being concerned over signing Starling? I'd take Rendon in a heartbeat over Hutlzen.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      So instead they give Hutlzen the most money of any pick this year, despite being concerned over signing Starling? I'd take Rendon in a heartbeat over Hutlzen.
                      I think they were worried about Starling playing football but i might be wrong there. I just didnt see it with Rendon and actually like the potential of Alex Liddi who is hitting well at Tacoma.

Jack Z seems to be good at recognizing pitching and it seems they werent infatuated with 3/5ths of their rotation (Bedard,Fitzer and Vargas) therefore i dont have a problem with a pitcher with their pick.

Comment

• Liddi is not going to be playing third for long.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Via Twitter: MLB
                          BREAKING: Giants place OF Carlos Beltran on DL with right hand strain.
                          RIP season

Comment

• Thanks for Wheeler and thank you Beltran for staying healthy finally and hitting for 4 months so we can deal you for a top prospect.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jesus ***** now Nate Shierholtz is hurt. This is going from bad to worse to a ******* disaster. Our 5 best hitters in an already ****** hitting team are out.

I don't see how were gonna be able to compete in any game when your best hitter is Aarond ******* Rowand.

Hopefully we can call up Surkamp and Brown for some experience.
                              Last edited by hawkeye123; 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• I take that comment about Aarond Rowand back: He's out too now. And so is Jeff Keppinger.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/16/11/S...02&feedID=2539

I'm gonna go watch my 2010 world series dvd again for the 100th time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information