Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    We don't lose when Vance Worley is on the hill. I don't get how we're giving him the best support when you include Halladay, Lee, and Hamels in the same rotation. Seems pretty ass backwards.
    Probably because run support has nothing to do with the pitcher on the mound... lol wtf?

    As for Worley, I watched him last night and he has the stuff that misses bats. It's nuts that he won't even sniff a start in the postseason when he could probably be #2 on some staffs.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

    - Ko Simpson

    Comment


    • RIP 2011 Indians.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
        RIP 2011 Indians.
        You're just accepting this now?

        Comment


        • I'll forever be a pessimist when it comes to a Leyland managed team.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            Probably because run support has nothing to do with the pitcher on the mound... lol wtf?

            As for Worley, I watched him last night and he has the stuff that misses bats. It's nuts that he won't even sniff a start in the postseason when he could probably be #2 on some staffs.
            Obviously I know that, but it's weird that the bats wake up when Worley is pitching than anyone else. It's just weird to me.

            Comment


            • Detroit is playing real well now. Fister has been great since going over there. If their middle relief holds up, they have just as much of a chance as anyone else in the AL. I still think Boston is the team to beat.

              Comment


              • If Al Al is healthy, all we need is 6 innings to bridge to Al Al-Benoit-Valverde and we'll be alright. If not, we'll play matchups.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  If Al Al is healthy, all we need is 6 innings to bridge to Al Al-Benoit-Valverde and we'll be alright. If not, we'll play matchups.
                  I raise you 9 outs of David Robertson and Mariano Rivera.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I raise you 9 outs of David Robertson and Mariano Rivera.
                    I didn't say it was elite, I said it gets the job done (most of the time). It sucks that Robertson is a better version of what they expected from Soriano though.

                    Venters/Kimbrel is still the tops though, that's just absurdity.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      I didn't say it was elite, I said it gets the job done (most of the time). It sucks that Robertson is a better version of what they expected from Soriano though.

                      Venters/Kimbrel is still the tops though, that's just absurdity.
                      Soriano has been much better though since coming back from the DL. Not like last year, but still above average.

                      I don't concern myself with Wild Card NL teams. They should just give two to the AL.

                      Comment


                      • The Giants better not plan on resigning Carlos Beltran.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                          The Giants better not plan on resigning Carlos Beltran.
                          Blame Beltran!

                          Comment


                          • I'm not blaming Beltran for the Giants collapse, he is one of the many reasons though. I just don't want to see another old washed up player starting in the outfield for the 10th straight year. He would also be a huge distraction.

                            Comment


                            • Oh yeah, that .337/.371/.533 since becoming a Giant is absolutely one of the reasons they collapsed.


                              RIP TheManInBlack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Oh yeah, that .337/.371/.533 since becoming a Giant is absolutely one of the reasons they collapsed.
                                You shouldn't judge players purely on stats. It's really pointless because he only produces when were up 5-0 and the game is already over. I've seen everyone of his AB's since he was traded, he has choked in clutch AB's more then anyone. It also didn't help that he was gone when the Giants needed him most in mid-August.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information