No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Kemp is having a great season, but I just have issues giving a MVP AND a Cy Young to member of a team that finished .500 at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Why do you people keep saying Granderson?
      Cuz I hate the Red Sox and am great at holding beefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        Yeah, Kemp is having a great season, but I just have issues giving a MVP AND a Cy Young to member of a team that finished .500 at best.

well without those 2 players we would be worst than the '62 Mets

Comment

Why do you people keep saying Granderson?
          Leads the league in runs by 20 and RBIs. And 2nd in HR. 5th in OPS. I know his batting average is .270 but his OBP is just .001 less than Ellsbury.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            Leads the league in runs by 20 and RBIs. And 2nd in HR. 5th in OPS. I know his batting average is .270 but his OBP is just .001 less than Ellsbury.
            Nobody cares about runs and RBIs. His defense is considerably worse than Ellsbury, but I don't care because Bautista is way better in every single way this year.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Grandy is not the AL MVP.

If it's a hitter, it's Ellsbury. If the voters aren't ignorant dicks, it's Verlander.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• NL CY - Clayton Kershaw
                NL MVP - Justin Upton :)
                NL MOY - Kirk Gibson

AL CY - Justin Verlander
                AL MVP - Jose Bautista

no clue about AL Manager, not like they do anything anyways, play some real baseball

Comment

• ^
                  |
                  |

Wrong. Try again.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• ******* Grant Balfour.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      Grandy is not the AL MVP.

If it's a hitter, it's Ellsbury. If the voters aren't ignorant dicks, it's Verlander.
                      How is it Ellsbury? It's going to be either Bautista or Granderson. Cabrera even.

Granderson's OPS is 30 points higher. He has 20 more runs than Ellsbury and 3 more RBIs than the guy supposed to be knocking Jacoby in.
                      Last edited by Jughead10; 09-22-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        How is it Ellsbury? It's going to be either Bautista or Granderson. Cabrera even.

Granderson's OPS is 30 points higher. He has 20 more runs than Ellsbury and 3 more RBIs than the guy supposed to be knocking Jacoby in.
                        Jacoby is also a far better defender and is much more dangerous on the basepaths, which easily overcompensates for the 30 points of OPS (and again, who gives a **** about the other two stats).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Guessing.

NL MVP: Ryan Braun
                          NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw
                          NL MOY: Kirk Gibson

AL MVP: Jacoby Ellsbury
                          AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander
                          AL MOY: Jim Leyland?

Comment

Jacoby is also a far better defender and is much more dangerous on the basepaths, which easily overcompensates for the 30 points of OPS (and again, who gives a **** about the other two stats).
                            I'm not sure they overcome the 30 points. Isn't that much better in the field. And on the basepath the SBs didn't turn into runs, so what does it matter? No one has ever won a MVP for defense and baserunning ability. Let's be real here. And who cares about the other two stats? The voters. Cause RBIs and Runs actually determine who wins and loses the game.

I just don't see how Jacoby could win MVP, when someone at the same position is having a better season.
                            Last edited by Jughead10; 09-22-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Jacoby has a .396 wOBA and Granderson has a .403 wOBA which takes into account baserunning but not ballpark. Throw in Ellsbury's better defense and you have to lean towards Jacoby on this one. Grandy is definitely going to win this though and it's pretty close where I don't mind. It helps Grandy is one of the better guys in baseball.

As for the NL I still am not sure but I think I'm leaning towards Upton at this point but Kemp and Braun are hard to argue with also.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

Cabrera has less than 0 percent chance at the MVP.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information