No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's about as neck and neck statistically as you can get between Ellsbury and Granderson, but I think to act as if anyone else is in the running is a bit silly. I'd probably give it to Granderson, despite the differences in defense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Grandy is not the AL MVP.

If it's a hitter, it's Ellsbury. If the voters aren't ignorant dicks, it's Verlander.
      The voters are ignorant dicks. The MVP is an offensive award.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        The voters are ignorant dicks. The MVP is an offensive award.
        I'm sorry, but where is that written in the rules?

The Hank Aaron award is an offensive award.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Cards resigned Berkman to a 1 year deal worth 12 million!

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
            Cards resigned Berkman to a 1 year deal worth 12 million!
            Have you said your goodbyes to Albert yet?

Cards resigning Carpenter and Berkman before the season ends looks like posturing to the fans to me ...

But frankly, not resigning Pujols to a grossly overvalued contract would be a wise move if competitiveness is the goal (as opposed to appeasing the fan base). That 25 million/year could be spent elsewhere in a much smarter fashion.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Finally, we conducted a little unofficial, unscientific poll of several executives this week, asking where they thought the marquee free-agent hitters on this market will wind up. The envelopes, please:

Albert Pujols -- stays in St. Louis.

Prince Fielder -- Nationals.

Jose Reyes -- Giants.
              http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...der-win-al-mvp

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I'm sorry, but where is that written in the rules?

The Hank Aaron award is an offensive award.
                It's been 19 years since the last pitcher has won the MVP. Maybe it's due time, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  I'm not sure they overcome the 30 points. Isn't that much better in the field. And on the basepath the SBs didn't turn into runs, so what does it matter? No one has ever won a MVP for defense and baserunning ability. Let's be real here. And who cares about the other two stats? The voters. Cause RBIs and Runs actually determine who wins and loses the game.

I just don't see how Jacoby could win MVP, when someone at the same position is having a better season.
                  He's not having a better season when you factor in certain things. Plus, Jacoby has been more clutch this season. This should be ******* Jose Bautista's award, I'm tired of arguing over guys who should finish third behind him and JV.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    He's not having a better season when you factor in certain things. Plus, Jacoby has been more clutch this season. This should be ******* Jose Bautista's award, I'm tired of arguing over guys who should finish third behind him and JV.
                    Haha. Clutch? I thought that didn't exist.

Comment

• A lot of SABR fans have changed their minds on that years ago. They even have ways to measure it using WPA.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        A lot of SABR fans have changed their minds on that years ago. They even have ways to measure it using WPA.
                        What else have these geniuses changed their minds on. Defense can win consistently throughout the year?

Comment

• BAUTISTA IS THE MVP, SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH JUGHEAD.

Okay, that was a little bit unnecessary but you get my point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            What else have these geniuses changed their minds on. Defense can win consistently throughout the year?
                            SABR fans aren't set in their ways like the old crew of baseball. Just because they are constantly looking at the best ways to evaluate the game doesn't mean we should bash them.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Oh by the way, since I prefer BR WAR to Fangraphs for a single season, Jose Bautista has a 2.8 (!!!!!!) WAR advantage over Granderson.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• SABR dorks got it good. They get to ream you if you don't follow their new theories, but they also get to change their minds later, even when it is in direct contrast of their former stance. Wheeeeeee!
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information