Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I consider myself somewhere in between of the old school and new school and I don't find that to be the case at all Borat. I actually tend to think they are much more open minded than the old school.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • changing your opinions is a bad thing? who knew

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Borat View Post
        SABR dorks got it good. They get to ream you if you don't follow their new theories, but they also get to change their minds later, even when it is in direct contrast of their former stance. Wheeeeeee!
        I was wrong a few years ago when I said clutch didn't exist (to some degree). Happy? Did I mention Jose Bautista is the MVP?


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • I've dealt with SABR nazi's before. It's calmed down, but there was a certain sec that seemed to be very angry people.

          I try to stay somewhere in the middle. There's stuff numbers can tell you and there's stuff your eyes can tell you. Most of the time they line up, but sometimes they don't.

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Borat View Post
            SABR dorks got it good. They get to ream you if you don't follow their new theories, but they also get to change their minds later, even when it is in direct contrast of their former stance. Wheeeeeee!
            I kind of agree.

            I respect that they are always looking for the best ways to evaluate the game. However every season there is a "new" best way that everyone should adhere to yet the next season it's like oh that wasn't very good at all, here is the new new best way.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              I kind of agree.

              I respect that they are always looking for the best ways to evaluate the game. However every season there is a "new" best way that everyone should adhere to yet the next season it's like oh that wasn't very good at all, here is the new new best way.
              What do you think Front Offices are doing? You're always trying to upgrade and look at everything as the best new way. I don't see the problem.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • I just hate that way the SABRs treat others that don't follow their new theories. Seriously, over the past 5 years on this site, anytime someone would write the word "clutch" it was immediately followed by a SABR saying "hey dummy, clutch doesn't exist."

                I don't care if you want to take that stance, but you don't get to just change your mind after a few years of ****-talking anyone that previously opposed it.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  What do you think Front Offices are doing? You're always trying to upgrade and look at everything as the best new way. I don't see the problem.
                  Except you guys just blindly follow what the number crunchers put out every year. It's like a drug you can't get enough of. Who has the newest and hippest numbers that may or may not play out accurately to create a worth while baseball team.

                  Comment


                  • Well I was never opposed to that specifically but it works both ways. In the early days here whenever someone brought up WAR as perhaps a better way to look at a player they were yelled at.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Except you guys just blindly follow what the number crunchers put out every year. It's like a drug you can't get enough of. Who has the newest and hippest numbers that may or may not play out accurately to create a worth while baseball team.
                      Not really all the time. I've never liked UZR or any of the defensive metrics no matter what I've read. Other things like FIP and SIERA I'm a huge fan of. I don't agree with everything that comes out though. My theory is trying to look at the big picture and take everything into account.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Might as well mention this once again; I don't hate SABR stats. I like many of them especially FIP or xFIP and some of the WAR stats. But, I dislike the way many dorks go crazy about them and misread the game and other opinions because of them. So with that said, continue to bash me lol.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                        Comment


                        • They're perfectly useful to evaluate how much Ryan Howard is declining, and that Jose Bautista is the MVP.


                          RIP TheManInBlack

                          Comment


                          • I think Bautista should be the MVP but I'm not sure the voters will give it to him. I wouldn't mind if Verlanader won. He's deserving as well.

                            Sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • If Verlander is getting this much consideration CC getting absolutely none doesn't make much sense. I think Verlander has been better, but CC does have a better FIP and xFIP.
                              Last edited by yo123; 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Wow, just wow, just when I start to believe in us....******* ass ****. We are the best team in the league through 24 outs. Just ******* wow. We just blew a 6-2 lead against Ruben ******* Tejada and the Mets. Furcal can't ******* field. Motte couldn't throw a strike. Wow, just ******* wow. Thats all I got to say.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information