MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
    Wow, just wow, just when I start to believe in us....******* ass ****. We are the best team in the league through 24 outs. Just ******* wow. We just blew a 6-2 lead against Ruben ******* Tejada and the Mets. Furcal can't ******* field. Motte couldn't throw a strike. Wow, just ******* wow. Thats all I got to say.
    You watch your mouth when talking about the Mets like that.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• A six run inning. If u were just gonna suck, just ******* suck, don't be little ******* teases like that u little shits. Damn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        A six run inning. If u were just gonna suck, just ******* suck, don't be little ******* teases like that u little shits. Damn it.
        The smallest of paybacks for '06.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Matt Moore is kinda good. 7 K's through 3 against the Yanks.

Comment

• Thanks a lot Bartolo Colon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Atlanta Braves' favorite players should be Jason Motte and Rafael Furcal.

Comment

• KEMVP!!!give him the dam award

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Not really all the time. I've never liked UZR or any of the defensive metrics no matter what I've read. Other things like FIP and SIERA I'm a huge fan of. I don't agree with everything that comes out though. My theory is trying to look at the big picture and take everything into account.
                  Just to add my two cents to this SABR debate, I've been pretty vocal that defensive metrics suck and I don't see them getting much better.

As far as other metrics, most are pretty awesome, but I tell people not to use anything that they don't know how it was derived. One thing worse then SABR nuts shoving stats down your throat is people who buy into the metrics without fully understanding them.

I have some other thoughts but I'm typing this from a hostel in Prague and I'm horribly hungover.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    Thanks a lot Bartolo Colon.
                    Part of me hopes we blew that game on purpose. Jeter's throw was quite peculiar.

Comment

• http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...al-with-giants

Tim Lincecum is currently not interested in a long-term contract extension that would buy out future free-agent years.
                      "I just don't know how I'm going to feel five years from now, or three years," Lincecum said. "That's why I'd kind of like to take things step by step and why I liked the deal I got last year." The deal he's referring to is the two-year, $23 million extension he signed that covered the first two of his four arbitration seasons. The righty said he would "definitely" be interested in doing another two-year extension to buy out his final two years of arbitration, but it sounds like he's leaning towards testing the free agent market. He did add, though, that he'd keep an open mind when approaching negotiations over the winter, so nothing is totally off the table yet.
                      Can't say i blame the guy.

Comment

• Tampa is making this AL WC race way less fun than it should be.

Comment

• Why am I watching the Brewers celebration....its painful.

Comment

• Give Matt Kemp the MVP, dude just hit his 37th Homerun, he's on a mission to win the triple crown

Comment

• Yeah I think Kemp has pulled away from Upton/Braun/Tulo. I'd give it to him.

Comment

• If he weren't so ******* god awful in defense it would be a lock, probably deserves it anyways though. Why do they play him in CF, should most definitely be in LF, but I guess range isn't his problem just the throws and reading the ball

D'Backs clinch the West

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information