Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Kemp would have to go like 12-12 in the last two games and hope Braun goes hitless in 10 or 12 at bats to have a shot.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • Can anyone drop some knowledge on me on whom the Twins could potentially be looking at with our 2nd overall pick next draft? I want to get excited about something.

      Bonekrusher.

      Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Ozzie Guillen was traded to the Marlins. lol.
        Completely absurd. I've considered him the worst manager in the league for years. Have fun Miami.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          I think Kemp would have to go like 12-12 in the last two games and hope Braun goes hitless in 10 or 12 at bats to have a shot.
          You mean Jose Reyes. The current N.L. batting leader. It's all I have right now as depressing as that is.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Damix View Post
            Completely absurd. I've considered him the worst manager in the league for years. Have fun Miami.
            Ron "you mean using your best reliever in the 8th inning in the playoffs is allowed?" Washington, Bochy (HOW WERE THESE TWO IN THE WORLD SERIES?), Fredi Gonzalez...

            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            You mean Jose Reyes. The current N.L. batting leader. It's all I have right now as depressing as that is.
            They're tied or something.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • Predictions

              Phillies vs. Cardinals
              We're not getting a lot of love. People are expecting a Philly thrashing. Halladay threw a perfect game in last season's playoffs. Cliff Lee is his best in the playoffs. Hamels has a World Series MVP. And if it gets to a game 4, Cardinal killer, especially in the playoffs, Roy Oswalt pitches. We do have Albert Pujols and we did beat them 6 out of 9 times this regular season. So we do have a slight chance. And quite frankly I'd be estatic if we win a game. With that being said....
              Phillies in 3. I hope I am sooooooooooo wrong on this!

              Brewers vs. Diamondbacks
              I think this series has 5 written all over it. Both teams LOVE playing at home, they LOVE it. And they will get all the crazy fans of the two teams there. Brewers have the advantage home field, they have Braun and Fielder, D-Backs have Upton. But yeah, I go back to both teams being great at home.
              Brewers in 5.

              Yankees vs. Tigers
              This is why I did the NL first.....Tigers, leave me a spot on the bandwagon if what I think will happen does happen. I have came around to Doug Fister being amazing. Valverde, I know people say he goes overboard, I love it cuz he is like the anti-Rivera as in he always celebrated, and I love that. Plus, I think Cabrera goes on a tear. And quite frankly, I don't believe in the Yankees 2-4 starters. Verlander wins game 1 and the Tigers win their games at home.
              Tigers in 4.

              Rangers vs. Rays
              I think this one has 5 on it too. They played 5 last season so why not this one too! And the Rays have made it so much fun and competitive, why stop now? The difference is this year, the Rangers won't have Captain Clutch Lee pitching in a game 5.
              Rays in 5.

              Phillies vs. Brewers
              Brewers don't have home field in this one. They are playing the favorites. The Phillies just had a great series in Milwaukee in September. They do win a couple games at home. But the Phillies pitching is just so damn good and no one in the NL, especially the Cardinals in first round, can match up. I am concerned about the Phillies bullpen and their offense. I don't think everyone should be like incermountable favorites.
              Phillies in 6.

              Tigers vs. Rays
              This one is fun! And u what? ESPN will ball their eyes out. FOX will ball its eyes out. And I ******* love it. No Red Sox, No Yankees, RAYS AND TIGERS! But I think its gonna be a great series. Very even teams I think. And we don't need to worry about ratings cuz if its as good as I think it will be: people will watch. And I will be on that Tiger bandwagon!
              Tigers in 7.

              Phillies vs. Tigers
              Once again, Phillies aren't unbeatable. But with that starting pitching, IDK if their offense or bullpen will have to do much. Score 2-4 runs a game. Get 8 or 9 innings. Lee and Halladay will do that easy. I gotta take them.
              Phillies in 6.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                Predictions

                Phillies vs. Cardinals
                We're not getting a lot of love. People are expecting a Philly thrashing. Halladay threw a perfect game in last season's playoffs. Cliff Lee is his best in the playoffs. Hamels has a World Series MVP. And if it gets to a game 4, Cardinal killer, especially in the playoffs, Roy Oswalt pitches. We do have Albert Pujols and we did beat them 6 out of 9 times this regular season. So we do have a slight chance. And quite frankly I'd be estatic if we win a game. With that being said....
                Phillies in 3. I hope I am sooooooooooo wrong on this!

                Brewers vs. Diamondbacks
                I think this series has 5 written all over it. Both teams LOVE playing at home, they LOVE it. And they will get all the crazy fans of the two teams there. Brewers have the advantage home field, they have Braun and Fielder, D-Backs have Upton. But yeah, I go back to both teams being great at home.
                Brewers in 5.

                Yankees vs. Tigers
                This is why I did the NL first.....Tigers, leave me a spot on the bandwagon if what I think will happen does happen. I have came around to Doug Fister being amazing. Valverde, I know people say he goes overboard, I love it cuz he is like the anti-Rivera as in he always celebrated, and I love that. Plus, I think Cabrera goes on a tear. And quite frankly, I don't believe in the Yankees 2-4 starters. Verlander wins game 1 and the Tigers win their games at home.
                Tigers in 4.

                Rangers vs. Rays
                I think this one has 5 on it too. They played 5 last season so why not this one too! And the Rays have made it so much fun and competitive, why stop now? The difference is this year, the Rangers won't have Captain Clutch Lee pitching in a game 5.
                Rays in 5.

                Phillies vs. Brewers
                Brewers don't have home field in this one. They are playing the favorites. The Phillies just had a great series in Milwaukee in September. They do win a couple games at home. But the Phillies pitching is just so damn good and no one in the NL, especially the Cardinals in first round, can match up. I am concerned about the Phillies bullpen and their offense. I don't think everyone should be like incermountable favorites.
                Phillies in 6.

                Tigers vs. Rays
                This one is fun! And u what? ESPN will ball their eyes out. FOX will ball its eyes out. And I ******* love it. No Red Sox, No Yankees, RAYS AND TIGERS! But I think its gonna be a great series. Very even teams I think. And we don't need to worry about ratings cuz if its as good as I think it will be: people will watch. And I will be on that Tiger bandwagon!
                Tigers in 7.

                Phillies vs. Tigers
                Once again, Phillies aren't unbeatable. But with that starting pitching, IDK if their offense or bullpen will have to do much. Score 2-4 runs a game. Get 8 or 9 innings. Lee and Halladay will do that easy. I gotta take them.
                Phillies in 6.
                I'm pretty sure the A's win over the Giants in 4.

                Oldie but a goodie.

                Comment


                • ǣIve definitely made up my mind that I definitely want to come back next year, Wakefield said. ǣI have another goal in front of me that Id like to accomplish, and thats the all-time record for the Red Sox in wins. Im only seven away. I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record. Well see what happens.

                  R.I.P. Junior Seau

                  Comment


                  • I think you need to retire Wake.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Yankees 3, Tigers 1
                      Rangers 3, Rays 0

                      Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
                      D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

                      Yankees 4, Rangers 2
                      Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

                      Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

                      BOO
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                      - Ko Simpson

                      Comment


                      • The Phillies biggest test in the NL will be the Brewers.
                        But honestly, I'm not worried about them much.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          Yankees 3, Tigers 1
                          Rangers 3, Rays 0

                          Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
                          D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

                          Yankees 4, Rangers 2
                          Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

                          Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

                          BOO
                          These are awesome! The only thing that would be better is if Milwaukee made it to the NLCS against us and we knocked the living piss out of them.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                            Yankees 3, Tigers 1
                            Rangers 3, Rays 0

                            Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
                            D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

                            Yankees 4, Rangers 2
                            Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

                            Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

                            BOO


                            RIP TheManInBlack

                            Comment


                            • Phillies over the Rangers in 6.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                Did Wake really say that?!
                                Regardless if you are or aren't, it's a selfish thing to say.

                                Wake > Lackey.

                                On another note: I'm pretty excited about JD Drew no longer sitting on the DL for us each and every year.
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information