No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interesting making postseason rosters?

It will be interesting to see whether Romine makes it for us or if they trust Montero to be the back up catcher.

Comment

• Beep beep!

ALL ABOOOOOARD!!!! LET'S GOOOO!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Beep beep!

I want that ****. You probly don't even need free candy to bribe the kids in.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• Brody told the wonderful joke last night about taking LaRussa's keys. Well, we took the wrong set of keys. Our television play by play guy got his second DWI in a year. SMH.....I know drinking while driving isn't funny, but ugh....

Comment

Beep beep!

Ahhhhhhh hell yea. I'm driving this mofo. D-Unit is riding shotgun. Hop on b!tches.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

There is a good chance I'll be at some playoff games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• ESPN is saying Tito likely out.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                  ESPN is saying Tito likely out.
                  It sounds more like Edes speculating than anything else. Wouldn't be surprised, but I bet it goes at least a few more days before we can really say something. It would be out of this ownership group and front offices character to make a snap judgement within 24 hours.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• More momentum:

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosnethal, the Red Sox are expected to part ways Friday with manager Terry Francona.
                    From Rosenthal's description, it sounds like a mutual split. Francona won't be fired; the Red Sox simply won't exercise his options for 2012 and 2013. And he'll be free to sign with any other club as soon as the paperwork is finalized. It's a sad and tragic end to a failed Boston season. With managerial openings in Chicago and perhaps even the nation's capital, Francona should be back to work within a couple weeks.
                    Source: FOX Sports
                    Sep 30 - 12:44 AM
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Cannot believe the Red Sox are getting rid of Francona. He should not be the scapegoat.

Haha. I just hope he doesn't end up managing the White Sox.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• If LaRussa retires and all these reports are true, be like doggies Cards and pat ur legs til Tito comes....

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Cannot believe the Red Sox are getting rid of Francona. He should not be the scapegoat.

Haha. I just hope he doesn't end up managing the White Sox.
                          I don't like it very much either. The role of a manager in baseball is drastically overrated anyway assuming you have a good team. You want guys who don't make mistakes and do the obvious things right consistently over some of the guys out there. Tito is one of those guys and a guy who has shown the tendency to make the right decision in a big moment. Hardly his fault that the players decided the play like **** and that not everyone on the roster wanted to win as badly as they should.

With that said, there are some things he did very poorly this year. Not finding a place in the order for a $120M dollar player is comfortable is kind of glaring....and we should have had the courage as an organization to tell Wakefield to **** off before he damaged the team in his attempt to hit some arbitrary number or wins. That's really not all on him, but there's some stuff he could have done better this year for sure.

Theo and the roster construction is thing to get on...but even that might not warrant moving on so much as just re-evaluating some things philosophically.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Maybe the people firing Francona should look in the mirror, and at the 220 million they paid to Crawford and Lackey. (although I do think Crawford is salvageable.)

Comment

• lol at Reynolds' reaction to Longo's HR

I remember when Baseball Tonight didn't suck

Comment

• Hahaha I love it.

Red Sox are not wise to fire Terry.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information