Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    lol at Reynolds' reaction to Longo's HR

I remember when Baseball Tonight didn't suck
    Magrane was better. He was yelling "No f'ing way that happened."
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It sounds like Francona and Epstein weren't getting along anymore and had quite a few arguments. Hopefully they don't treat Francona the way the Yanks treated Torre after he left.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        It sounds like Francona and Epstein weren't getting along anymore and had quite a few arguments. Hopefully they don't treat Francona the way the Yanks treated Torre after he left.
        It was impossible to fire Torre. But it had to be done. Francona is similar in that I think he's almost been there for too long. Scouts were saying the players were getting fat and having too much control in the locker room.

Comment

• I can't wait to watch Moore against that Texas lineup this afternoon. It's going to be a fun way to start the playoffs. Texas is really flying under the radar though. It wouldn't shock me one bit if they were representing the AL in the WS again. Their offense has been insane the month of September and the bullpen is even better than last year. Their pitching is a little worse without Lee but Wilson is also very underrated.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yankees going with 3 starters, 8 relievers, and 5 on the bench. I thought they might go 7 relievers and 6 on the bench. With all the days off I think that 6th bench player is more useful in my opinion. Especially if they can run.

Comment

• You're going to need as much bullpen help as possible in Games 2, 3, and 5.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You're going to need as much bullpen help as possible in Games 2, 3, and 5.
                Still 8 is a little overkill with 2 days off in there. Considering we basically have 5 guys to get through innings 5 and 6 if we even need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Still 8 is a little overkill with 2 days off in there. Considering we basically have 5 guys to get through innings 5 and 6 if we even need it.
                  I actually agree with you. I never understood why teams keep so many RP's on the roster in the postseason.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I actually agree with you. I never understood why teams keep so many RP's on the roster in the postseason.
                    Especially if you have a generally good bullpen. Between Mo, Robertson, and Soriano, the last 3 innings are on lockdown. We have a lefty, a long man. I see no reason to keep both Wade and Ayala. An extra pinch runner just seems more useful. A player like that could win a game late. Wade or Ayala aren't winning anything.

Comment

It was impossible to fire Torre. But it had to be done. Francona is similar in that I think he's almost been there for too long. Scouts were saying the players were getting fat and having too much control in the locker room.
                      That actually looks like a potentially major storyline in all of this. It's been floated around for the past month or and laughed off by most of Red Sox fans internet presence...but we've got reports coming out that certain pitchers were drinking in the clubhouse in rather copious amounts. We've also got reports coming out with something along the lines of "The Red Sox have one of the best conditioning staffs in baseball but nobody was willing to use it" and I tend to believe it.

In any case, Tito basically admitted something went really wrong in that clubhouse. By the information trickle coming out, we're going to find out. There was some big blowout after the Beckett ankle game in Toronto supposedly.

Oh, and I really hope we use this to examine the issue of payroll. Only 4 of the 12 teams with a 100M+ payroll actually made the playoffs. Bloated salaries and high priced free agents clearly don't guarantee success.
                      Last edited by ElectricEye; 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        Ahhhhhhh hell yea. I'm driving this mofo. D-Unit is riding shotgun. Hop on b!tches.
                        Pshhh... You were just a yellow bus that said Borat's Bandwagon until I gave you the tires and painted on the Rangers logos. :D

Comment

• Apparently the Tito thing might not be signed and sealed quite yet. Still some life left in that. They had a meeting today. No word on how it went down, but it's possible Tito might be the one who wants out and the Sox are trying to talk him into staying. I'm really 50/50 on this one. He did lose the clubhouse....but we aren't going to find a better manager out there. There's some intriguing options like Dave Martinez...but nothing guaranteed. Bobby Valentine is NOT happening though, contrary to media speculation. He's quite possibly the worst possible fit here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I got the BrewCrew in 6 over the Rangers because of this guy:

Last edited by no bare feet; 09-30-2011, 12:08 PM.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Apparently the Tito thing might not be signed and sealed quite yet. Still some life left in that. They had a meeting today. No word on how it went down, but it's possible Tito might be the one who wants out and the Sox are trying to talk him into staying. I'm really 50/50 on this one. He did lose the clubhouse....but we aren't going to find a better manager out there. There's some intriguing options like Dave Martinez...but nothing guaranteed. Bobby Valentine is NOT happening though, contrary to media speculation. He's quite possibly the worst possible fit here.
                              Lets get John Farrell back!

Comment

Especially if you have a generally good bullpen. Between Mo, Robertson, and Soriano, the last 3 innings are on lockdown. We have a lefty, a long man. I see no reason to keep both Wade and Ayala. An extra pinch runner just seems more useful. A player like that could win a game late. Wade or Ayala aren't winning anything.
                                Teams keep guys like that in the scenario that they get beat up in a game so that they dont have to burn anyone special.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information