No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a classic Grandy catch. **** up his route, dive and make the catch anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• **** yea Rangers. Do this ****.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        I'm not sure about that, but I damn sure wish we kept Beltre over Ortiz/Youk at this point. Glad to see him doing well in Texas, but he was just made for Fenway with his swing.

I think he has a better chance than people think. He is at 2033 hits and 310 home runs right now and he's only 32. Another 5 years of 20 HR's each and he's at 410 HR's, and he could get somewhere close to 3,000 hits believe it or not. Also probably the best fielding third basemen of the last decade.
        Last edited by yo123; 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• He's a lot better than people realize, but knowing how writers think they'll spin something about how they don't think a player who was "completely ineffective for a third of their career" can be in the hall of fame.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• 14 left on base. Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn. I would go on a rant about LaRussa overmanaging (not a shock), but its amazing we are won a game and made the playoffs.

Comment

• Agreed, but they love milestones. If he can keep it up and maybe crack 3,000 somehow I think he's in for sure. The only reason a guy like Craig Biggio is even considered is the 3,000 hit mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Agreed, but they love milestones. If he can keep it up and maybe crack 3,000 somehow I think he's in for sure. The only reason a guy like Craig Biggio is even considered is the 3,000 hit mark.
                Umm no, Craig Biggio is a Hall of Famer. That's why he's considered.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I mean if Jim Rice can get in.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Umm no, Craig Biggio is a Hall of Famer. That's why he's considered.
                    I think he's a HoF'er as well. The fact that he was a second baseman should push him over the edge and get him in.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I mean if Jim Rice can get in.....

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• What happened to you, Porcello?

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                          What happened to you, Porcello?
                          Since he was a high schooler, or what? Porcello has been a pretty ****** SP since the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                            Since he was a high schooler, or what? Porcello has been a pretty ****** SP since the start.
                            He was awesome in the one game playoff.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• He was good his rookie year, and showed a lot of promise in year 2, but has been downhill every year since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                                He was good his rookie year, and showed a lot of promise in year 2, but has been downhill every year since.
                                That's just not true. He's actually gotten slightly better. His HR/9 has dropped, FIP has improved and K% has increased, albeit by small margins. The only reason his ERA got worse this year is that his BABIP has gone up pretty dramatically, and he's walking slightly more batters than last years. He's been pretty unlucky this year. He still is a #4 or 5 starter, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information