No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Howard ruptured his Achilles. Ouch. Looks to be out the first half and potentially the full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Ryan Howard ruptured his Achilles. Ouch. Looks to be out the first half and potentially the full season.
      Wow, as if that contract didn't look bad enough before.

Comment

• The Trolls errrrr Brewers are already annoying me and the series hasn't even started. Greinke calling Carp a phony after he just 3 hit the Phillies. Okay buddy. Yes, the guy that just beat the Phillies aka the team I know the Brewers were ******** their pants at playing in the NLCS. And this is even before one of those damn beast mode things that people seem enjoy, but its annoying as hell and old. Since clearly its the Brewers of the Rangers claw thing last year. Granted, our closer grew out a beard prolly trying to be Brian Wilson. And yeah, Nyjer Morgan just get more and more annoying each time he opens his mouth. And maybe its true: Carpenter might be a dick, but just like Morgan, u love it when they are on your team, they are even more annoying dicks when they aren't.

Comment

• PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard might miss the start of spring training and possibly part of the regular season after tearing an Achilles tendon.The power-hitting first baseman was injured on the final play of Philadelphia's season-ending loss to St. Louis in Game 5 of the NL division series Friday night, falling as he ran out of the batter's box on his groundout.
          Where do you get missing a full season out of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Cuz people love jumping to conclusions and playing at home doctor. Its like a 6 month recovery tops according to WebMd.

Comment

• Comment

Ryan Howard has indeed been diagnosed with a ruptured Achilles tendon and will undergo offseason surgery.
                Howard suffered the injury on the final play of Friday night's crushing NLDS Game 5 loss to the Cardinals. He's likely to miss the entire first half of the 2012 season, and could even be out the entire year. It's a major blow to the Phillies, who owe him $125 million over the next five seasons.

-Rotoworld

Comment

• God, that was painful.

That second rain delay couldn't have been timed worse. They really couldn't wait to start the game before another round of rain rolled in? They got through 4 more batters ... UGH.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

The Sox and Yankees stall like *************, but I'd like to see the commercial time outs for all the teams as well.

Comment

• Prince Fielder rakes...

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• What a meltdown.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think you've reached a new low when you cap off an inning by allowing Yuni Betancourt to take you deep.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Oh good, the Tigers lose another outfielder.

Maggs has a mysteriously broken ankle ... again.

Hellloooo Andrew Dirks! Sigh ...
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Um, what?

They're watering the field in Texas: http://www.lonestarball.com/2011/10/...fans-drop-dead

It's not raining there.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Almost forgot to post this:

The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information