MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
    I'd imagine, I was speaking hypothetically cuz I think CC is gonna be a Yankee no matter what happens.
    I think it is a bogus rumor too. But if they want to re-sign Rollins and Pence should be getting a raise, on top of finding a closer. I just don't think they have the money to go around.

Comment

• Well so much for that, Yanks and CC agree on a 5yr/122M extension.

Comment

• Hey, CC! Can I have a dollar?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Well so much for that, Yanks and CC agree on a 5yr/122M extension.
          Not bad. Basically just added a year to the end of his existing deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Not bad. Basically just added a year to the end of his existing deal.
            Pretty much. One more year and 30M more. If i'm not mistaken there's also a team option for a sixth year at 25M.

Comment

• Wonder who the Cardinals hire, it's a good situation here in St. Louis even if Pujols decides to go else where.

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
              2. Joe Maddon
              3. Jose Oquendo
              4. Jim Riggleman
              5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
              2. Ryne Sandberg

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                Wonder who the Cardinals hire, it's a good situation here in St. Louis even if Pujols decides to go else where.

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
                2. Joe Maddon
                3. Jose Oquendo
                4. Jim Riggleman
                5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
                2. Ryne Sandberg
                Stay away from the retreads.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Stay away from the retreads.
                  Terry Francona, Joe Torre, and LaRussa were all retreads. So were Bochy, Girardi, Leyland, and basically 90% of the managers who have won it all in the last 15 years.

Comment

• Maddon is actually my #1. If we can steal him from the Rays, that would be awesome. Francona would then be second. And then lastly, just take Mike Matheny.

Comment

• Francona and Epstein in the same division would be interesting.

Comment

• I would imagine he is looking for a good situation too. What better situation can u have than a team that won the world series? Plus, he is a likeable dude. Go from one of the least likeable guys to a very likeable.

Comment

• Tito's a great choice for the Cardinals. He's a guy who isn't going to try to fix what isn't broken. He doesn't make crazy decisions or line-ups. He just makes the standard call every time by the percentages. Players love him, he gets along with the media and handles them excellently, and the fans will love him. And that's why he has 2 rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            Wonder who the Cardinals hire, it's a good situation here in St. Louis even if Pujols decides to go else where.

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
                            2. Joe Maddon
                            3. Jose Oquendo
                            4. Jim Riggleman
                            5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
                            2. Ryne Sandberg
                            I'd be so pissed if Sandberg went to the Cards. I want him as the manager of the Cubs.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                            Bortlezzzzzzz
                            Originally posted by Monomach
                            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer for Theo to roll with Ryno. I'd have a big sad if he didn't and I don't even like the Cubs.

Comment

• I'm 90% sure I saw Jason Marquis in the barber shop this morning.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information