No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Mets depressed because of this Reyes thing. I've always defended the Wilpons but if they are going to let Reyes walk because of their financial troubles then I'm done with them. I see it as a 5% chance that we re-sign him at this point. It's just sickening.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I'm Mets depressed because of this Reyes thing. I've always defended the Wilpons but if they are going to let Reyes walk because of their financial troubles then I'm done with them. I see it as a 5% chance that we re-sign him at this point. It's just sickening.
      Whatever happened to that minority owner? Why did that fall through?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Whatever happened to that minority owner? Why did that fall through?
        According to Eisenberg the Wilpons tried to change the deal at the last minute. They are now trying to sell smaller stakes in the team to numerous people similar to what other teams have. I think Reyes ends up with the Angels or Tigers.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• He's not coming here. Tigers won't commit to a third 20 million per year player. They've got two already.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            According to Eisenberg the Wilpons tried to change the deal at the last minute. They are now trying to sell smaller stakes in the team to numerous people similar to what other teams have. I think Reyes ends up with the Angels or Tigers.
            Ryan Braun is trying hard to get Reyes to Milwaukee...Mark Attanasio is going to make a splash to assure fans this year wasn't a one year run and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Brewers make a big time offer to Reyes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Ryan Braun is trying hard to get Reyes to Milwaukee...Mark Attanasio is going to make a splash to assure fans this year wasn't a one year run and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Brewers make a big time offer to Reyes
              Yeah I just read that last night. It would be a very good fit for you guys. A Reyes/Weeks top of the lineup is pretty scary for opposing teams.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                So would that end Prince in a Brewers uniform?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  So would that end Prince in a Brewers uniform?
                  Better yet would he change his username to josereyes7?

Comment

Terry Francona, Joe Torre, and LaRussa were all retreads. So were Bochy, Girardi, Leyland, and basically 90% of the managers who have won it all in the last 15 years.
                    Boooooooooringgggg.

Comment

Terry Francona, Joe Torre, and LaRussa were all retreads. So were Bochy, Girardi, Leyland, and basically 90% of the managers who have won it all in the last 15 years.
                      Girardi wasn't a retread. He was the manager for one year in Florida before being jettisoned because he was one of 5 managers who hates Hanley.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Girardi wasn't a retread. He was the manager for one year in Florida before being jettisoned because he was one of 5 managers who hates Hanley.
                        Well technically the Yankees were his second team. The point was 90% of the winning managers the last 15 years weren't managing their first team.

Comment

Well technically the Yankees were his second team. The point was 90% of the winning managers the last 15 years weren't managing their first team.
                          You think that's really important?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            You think that's really important?
                            No. But at the same time I don't think you should eliminate retreads from consideration like you seem to imply.

Comment

• Tony LaRussa was also a re-tread. I would love TITOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

No. But at the same time I don't think you should eliminate retreads from consideration like you seem to imply.
                                Why? The ones available aren't that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information