MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
    Tony LaRussa was also a re-tread. I would love TITOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Yeah and he won 3 in 32 years of coaching. Big whoop. He made some bad mistakes in this WS that are now forgotten because his team bailed him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      So would that end Prince in a Brewers uniform?
      My guess is that Prince ends up with Seattle or the Cubs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Why? The ones available aren't that great.
        Don't like Francona?

Comment

Yeah and he won 3 in 32 years of coaching. Big whoop. He made some bad mistakes in this WS that are now forgotten because his team bailed him out.
          3 rings, but he went to the World Series 6 times. 18.8% of your seasons going to the World Series is incredible. Not to mention all of the ALCS and NLCS trips.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            The bad move was not picking up Sizemore's option, unless the staff knows the severity of his injuries are beyond repair. Sizemore being healthy was something a truly competitive Indians team needs. I don't think they have enough prospective offense to collectively cover that gap, especially with both Lowe and Carmona in the rotation (one rebound is possible, but two is highly unlikely).
            Bad move? the guys has glass knees and has been camping out on the DL for the past three seasons.........AND when he was actually in the lineup he wasn't anything like his old self as a hitter. The guy hit .220 this year and was a strikeout machine. No brainer when it comes to not giving him $9 Million to play this year. We have Carrerra and Brantley to play center anyhow, we need a power hitting corner outfielder, not a guy who won't play to tie up all that salary with that might hit .250 if you get really lucky. The Tribe does need to bring in a big back in the worst way though. Big holes at 1B and LF.

Regarding Lowe, it was a very low cost move typical of the Indians when they brought in guys like Kevin Millwood and Kerry Wood in the past that came in and played great. Best case scenario he provides them with a good 5th starter in the rotation, worst case scenario he gets bounced for a young guy like David Huff or Jeanmar Gomez. Not many alternatives in free agency that would've been cheaper either. Pitching not a worry with Masterson, Jimenez, Tomlin, Carmona and all those young guys.

Comment

• MLB managers don't matter much. They're important for keeping the clubhouse together more so than on the field strategy. Unless you get a total moron like Jerry Manuel you'll be more than fine.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah cuz the Rangers have how many world series in 50 years? OH SNAP! I went there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Don't like Francona?
                  Well, I don't necessarily think a drunk and uncontrolled lockerroom is good for baseball, but I know the players like it.

Managers are important, but GMs are way more important.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                    Yeah cuz the Rangers have how many world series in 50 years? OH SNAP! I went there!
                    It's not because of bad managing. You're always good for a laugh yoda! :D

Comment

• Washington is a terrible manager yet you continually get to the WS. It just shows you they aren't that important.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                        3 rings, but he went to the World Series 6 times. 18.8% of your seasons going to the World Series is incredible. Not to mention all of the ALCS and NLCS trips.
                        LaRussa is a great manager, but to group him in with the "retreads" is a disservice to him. So you're getting away from the original point. ...and even as great as he was, his role in winning was marginal at best. Good players, make good managers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Washington is a terrible manager yet you continually get to the WS. It just shows you they aren't that important.
                          LOL. Yeah... except his players love him, respect him and play hard for him. But yeah, he's bad if you're a guy who doesn't want his coach to go by his gut.

Comment

LOL. Yeah... except his players love him, respect him and play hard for him. But yeah, he's bad if you're a guy who doesn't want his coach to go by his gut.
                            Like I said they're only important for the clubhouse. His in game strategy is what's missing.

Anyway here are the finalists for the Gold Glove Awards. They're televising the ceremony tonight for the first time. I have no idea why Beltran is there but I'm glad they finally have made the OF three separate positions this time around.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/201...e-awards-show/
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I disagree with Hosmer being left off the 1B list...but then again, he'll probably be on there for the next 10 years, so I guess it's OK to let someone else win it this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Like I said they're only important for the clubhouse. His in game strategy is what's missing.

Anyway here are the finalists for the Gold Glove Awards. They're televising the ceremony tonight for the first time. I have no idea why Beltran is there but I'm glad they finally have made the OF three separate positions this time around.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/201...e-awards-show/
                                Ass dribble Cabrera has become the Derek Jeter of the process.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information