No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB and the players have a reached a deal on a new CBA. Some changes include:

Under the agreement, there will be a new restraint on the amount of money a team spends each year to sign selections from the amateur draft, with teams going over a threshold being penalized with a type of luxury tax.
    In addition, there will be a separate restraint on the amount of money spent to sign international amateur free agents from nations such as the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Cuba. There also will be a committee established to review the system for international signings, leaving open the possibility of a new system during the term of the deal.
    Negotiators also worked to lower the percentage of major league free agents who require the highest form of draft pick compensation for the teams losing them.
    As part of the deal, players and owners are agreeing to add an extra wild-card round to the playoffs. The extra round will be one game, winner take all.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/72...cording-report
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• so back to ******* small market teams?

Comment

• Doumit, the guy everyone thinks is going to be a great backup catcher to Mauer except for the fact that he can't catch. I like the signing if only because of his offense though. Hope he can stay healthy. We have one of the worst medical staffs in the league so it's not likely though.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• The luxury tax for the signing bonuses is a dumb rule. I believe it only applies for rounds 1-10 so teams are just going to go crazy starting round 11.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Grady Sizemore is re-signing with the Indians, per Olney's twitter.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Really wouldn't be so confident about getting the Royals the next few years and possibly beyond.
              Oh believe me I know that, thats why I am saying I should quit picking on them. If they get any kind of pitching, the Royals are gonna be really damn good.

And also, I like interleague. It is kinda like divisional play in that for every great local rivalries like the New Yorks playing, the Chicagos playing, the Royals-Cards, Twins-Brewers u have like the Yankees and Pirates or soon the Rockies and Astros. But still its something new and I'd rather have like 3 games against a team u barely ever play, like for instance the Cardinals never have played a regular season game in Texas. And now we prolly get to see that. I'd much rather see that than the 16, 17, and 18th game against the Pirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                MLB and the players have a reached a deal on a new CBA. Some changes include:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/72...cording-report
                A new CBA without a lockout? I didn't even know that was possible.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Greg Amsinger made the case that if Verlander wins MVP, Ian Kennedy should because the Tigers were 25-9 when Verlander started while the D'Backs were 25-8 when Kennedy started. Just tremendous work by Greg.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Kennedy was probably more valuable to the Diamondbacks than Verlander was to the Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      Kennedy was probably more valuable to the Diamondbacks than Verlander was to the Tigers
                      Neither of their teams would have got to where they got without them, thats just a homer statement right there.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• but is it really, Kennedy went something like 10-0 vs Lincecum, Cain, Kershaw, etc

Comment

but is it really, Kennedy went something like 10-0 vs Lincecum, Cain, Kershaw, etc
                          Facing the Giants and Dodgers' lineups does not help your case Fenikz ;)
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• but out dueling "aces" always helps :D

plus verlander got the twins, royals and whitesox

Comment

but out dueling "aces" always helps :D

plus verlander got the twins, royals and whitesox
                              The Royals were a very good hitting team, so that's a stupid statement. And there's no way you can seriously make that statement that Ian Kennedy was more valuable than Verlander, none.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Who are some of the top unprotected players for the Rule 5 draft? I'm liking John Ely so far, as I have always liked him. Who else?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information