No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy shhhhhhhhhhhhh*t! How the hell did Dipoto manage to actually trade Jeff Mathis...for ANYTHING?

thank you lord that he is finally gone. Although I'm surprised that Mathis will actually be in the majors next season. I was certain that the Angels were the only team who would actually have this guy play in the majors. Figured he'd be in the minor leagues for any other organization. Gotta give it up to Jeff for somehow finding a way to stay in MLB despite being one of the worst all around hitters in years

but yea, good riddance. Finally

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
      I doubt they'll be there with the 8th pick, but if Ethan Martin, Trevor Reckling, or Brad Holt are there in next week's draft, the Pirates BETTER pick them. I was surprised to see Martin left off the 40 man. Has he fallen off THAT much?
      The guy's mechanics are out of whack and he can never repeat his delivery. Very, very wild

he still has some really nasty stuff so it would be a good flier and then hope that the org can fix him. He could still become a lights out RP or...and this is now a huge longshot, he can put it all together and become a #2 type starter. That was his ceiling when he got drafted

as far as Reckling goes, I was very surprised and upset the Angels didn't keep him. They have some REAL crappy guy on their 40 man roster who I wish they'd have just let go and put Reckling in his place. He's got a great curve, but the fb is average and so is the change. #3 starter is his upside but settling in as a #4-5 starter seems more realistic. That or a LOOGY.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
        holy shhhhhhhhhhhhh*t! How the hell did Dipoto manage to actually trade Jeff Mathis...for ANYTHING?

thank you lord that he is finally gone. Although I'm surprised that Mathis will actually be in the majors next season. I was certain that the Angels were the only team who would actually have this guy play in the majors. Figured he'd be in the minor leagues for any other organization. Gotta give it up to Jeff for somehow finding a way to stay in MLB despite being one of the worst all around hitters in years

but yea, good riddance. Finally
        Only a bad hitter?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Maybe Toronto took him off the Angels hands since they felt bad about the Napoli/Rivera for Wells trade last year. Throw the Halos a bone

Comment

• I am mystified by how Jeff Mathis retains a job in baseball. There are plenty of lousy hitting, lousy defensive catchers that can magically reduce a pitcher's ERA around.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
              The guy's mechanics are out of whack and he can never repeat his delivery. Very, very wild

he still has some really nasty stuff so it would be a good flier and then hope that the org can fix him. He could still become a lights out RP or...and this is now a huge longshot, he can put it all together and become a #2 type starter. That was his ceiling when he got drafted

as far as Reckling goes, I was very surprised and upset the Angels didn't keep him. They have some REAL crappy guy on their 40 man roster who I wish they'd have just let go and put Reckling in his place. He's got a great curve, but the fb is average and so is the change. #3 starter is his upside but settling in as a #4-5 starter seems more realistic. That or a LOOGY.
              Yeah, one of the three I named would be a nice boost to the Pirates if they reach their potential. I doubt either three would be there at 8, but if one is, they gotta take them and red shirt them for a year. Their potential is too good to not take a chance on, especially Martin.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb
                He was #22, which I thought was a bit low.
                Yea I'm kinda shocked to see him that low as well. He hasn't lived up to the hype just yet as a hitter but we've seen improvement. I expect a big year from him this coming season. He's also a pretty stellar defender from what I've seen and has an absolute rifle for an arm. I figured he'd be in the top 10/15 for sure.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• AA's worst move ever. Trading for Mathis, what the hell?
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye
                    Ok, I don't know how Bobby V is going to work out here, but he took a shot at Beckett taking ten minutes to throw a pitch right off the bat. I can deal with that.
                    Bobby V is keeping Magadan as the hitting coach. At least Bobby's reign is starting off on a positive note.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...boston-red-sox

Now we just need a pitching coach.

Comment

• Marlins offered Reyes a 6 year, 111 million dollar contract.......

Comment

Marlins offered Reyes a 6 year, 111 million dollar contract.......
                        I don't believe it.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Looks like Reyes to Miami is going to be official soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman/s...14634488524800

Comment

Looks like Reyes to Miami is going to be official soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman/status/143514634488524800
                            Umm no?? Hines you're better than that.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Also I'm in denial so I apologize.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Also I'm in denial so I apologize.
                                I'm going to be the same way when Cutch gets traded. Don't worry bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information