No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins offer Pujols TEN YEAR Contact.Yeah that would'nt come back to bit them later in the deal

Comment

• lol ten year contract.. sounds like a genius idea.

Comment

• The Marlins are going to go bankrupt before that team is ready to contend. Jesus.

Oh, and I wanted Kevin Slowey. Don't ask why because I don't know, but I wanted him. Maybe it's because he's from Pittsburgh and I think he'd do better in the NL Central and not at Coors.

Comment

• Well, i'm sure they're gonna start seeing some steady streams of revenue with their relocation and increased marketing value, but i really don't know if it'll be enough to compensate for the HUGE increase in payroll they're looking at.

As of now, it isn't known if Pujols was given a no-trade clause, but that could be really important a few years down the line when this blows up in their face and they're paying a 36 year old Pujols $20M+

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Well, i'm sure they're gonna start seeing some steady streams of revenue with their relocation and increased marketing value, but i really don't know if it'll be enough to compensate for the HUGE increase in payroll they're looking at.

As of now, it isn't known if Pujols was given a no-trade clause, but that could be really important a few years down the line when this blows up in their face and they're paying a 36 year old Pujols $20M+
            Even if they see a boost in revenue stream, my guess it would only be temporary. A new fad that will die down quickly. They just don't care enough down there to consistently fill any ballpark.

Comment

• Let the rebuilding begin.
              http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-nestor-molina
              What can Jays fans tell me about Nestor Molina? I hear decent, but not great, stuff, and a lot of deception. The Sox did hire Marco Paddy from the Jays, so this might have been his idea.

Comment

• If the Marlins actually win in the new stadium, people will go to the games. I don't think people realize how miserable it was watching a baseball game at Dolphins Stadium. That said, giving Pujols 10 years right now is freaking stupid.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• I don't know what the Marlins are thinking, but I think it's interesting for the game of baseball.

I thought the Reyes signing was a mistake because the guy's game is built of speed... and if there's one thing with age it's that you lose your speed faster than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I don't know what the Marlins are thinking, but I think it's interesting for the game of baseball.

I thought the Reyes signing was a mistake because the guy's game is built of speed... and if there's one thing with age it's that you lose your speed faster than anything else.
                    That and he's only had 3 really good season out of 8.

Comment

• It's OK to spend a billion dollars in free agency, but it's not to spend money in the draft. Baseball's financial system is a joke. It's ruining smaller market teams. Might as well contract them at this rate.

Maybe I'm just bitter because the Pirates suck and will probably continue to suck till when my children's children have children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                        It's OK to spend a billion dollars in free agency, but it's not to spend money in the draft. Baseball's financial system is a joke. It's ruining smaller market teams. Might as well contract them at this rate.

Maybe I'm just bitter because the Pirates suck and will probably continue to suck till when my children's children have children.
                        They did up the luxury tax. Enough so where the Yankees have already stated by 2013 they plan to be under it because they are done giving millions of dollars away to team like the Pirates amongst others.

Overall, I'm surprised the players rushed so quickly into this deal. It seems like it's only going to keep player's contracts down.
                        Last edited by Jughead10; 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          That and he's only had 3 really good season out of 8.
                          He was rushed up quickly so it's not fair to count his first few years. He's a top 3 SS in the game and got signed for pretty cheap all things considered.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 4th round pick if they sign Pujols GF?

Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              He was rushed up quickly so it's not fair to count his first few years. He's a top 3 SS in the game and got signed for pretty cheap all things considered.
                              He is top 3. But SS is weak all around. Probably the weakest position in baseball currently. No need to overpay at that position. If it was so cheap, why did no one else seem to want him?

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                                Let the rebuilding begin.
                                http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-nestor-molina
                                What can Jays fans tell me about Nestor Molina? I hear decent, but not great, stuff, and a lot of deception. The Sox did hire Marco Paddy from the Jays, so this might have been his idea.
                                Looks like AA made up for the Mathis deal pretty quickly. Santos for a back end SP.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information