MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    If Cano wins a gold glove it will be an embarrassment for everyone involved. My guess would be Pedroia winning it.

His hitting more than makes up for it but he's not a good fielder.
    He really is a great defender. He used to be lazy, but the past season a half he's been excellent. Cano winning a gold glove if he has a season like last year would be far from the top of embarassments when it has come to the award.

He's better than Pedroia. Pedroia has the flare for being that gritty player who gets he jersey dirty to make plays. Many of those same plays Cano makes effortless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      He really is a great defender. He used to be lazy, but the past season a half he's been excellent. Cano winning a gold glove if he has a season like last year would be far from the top of embarassments when it has come to the award.

UZR disagrees with you.

Comment

He's better than Pedroia. Pedroia has the flare for being that gritty player who gets he jersey dirty to make plays. Many of those same plays Cano makes effortless.
        He is not better than Pedroia.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

UZR disagrees with you.
          I disagree with defensive statistics in general.

Comment

Even if you do, apparently you need glasses.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Well without them it's completely impossible to tell anyone that someone from their team isn't a good defender. People just assume that anyone on their team who occasionally makes a diving play is a great defender and if they won't accept the stats it's impossible to prove them wrong. Not saying that's you it's just frustrating overall.

Comment

• UZR is the most flawed stat I have ever seen. Who came up with it? Probabaly some nerd from Harvard who knows nothing about baseball. It's meaningless.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                  UZR is the most flawed stat I have ever seen. Who came up with it? Probabaly some nerd from Harvard who knows nothing about baseball. It's meaningless.

Do you have any reasoning or are you just saying that because it doesn't work in your favor in this instance?

Comment

UZR is the most flawed stat I have ever seen. Who came up with it? Probabaly some nerd from Harvard who knows nothing about baseball. It's meaningless.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Do you have any reasoning or are you just saying that because it doesn't work in your favor in this instance?
                      I don't even look at all those sabermetric stats so I don't know where Cano is rated in any of the the devensive categories. I see him almost everynight and I could say that he is a pretty good devensive 2nd basemen.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Even if you do, apparently you need glasses.
                        I would recommend you get glasses on this one. You still claim Weiters is an amazing defensive catcher too?

Comment

I would recommend you get glasses on this one.
                          I know Cano has improved but Pedroia is 2nd to the all world of awesome that is Utley, so saying that Cano is better than the midget douche is just wrong in so many ways.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't even look at all those sabermetric stats so I don't know where Cano is rated in any of the the devensive categories. I see him almost everynight and I could say that he is a pretty good devensive 2nd basemen.

And you are biased. People that actually study this stuff for a living have developed a system to measure how good someone is in the field, and common sense says that is more reliable than someone watching their own favorite team.

Comment

And you are biased. People that actually study this stuff for a living have developed a system to measure how good someone is in the field, and common sense says that is more reliable than someone watching their own favorite team.
                              Im not being biased at all. I'll tell you that Jeter is easily one of the worst devensive shortstops in the league with the exception of last year. There is this cloud over Cano that says he is not a good devensive player but it's not true at all. Just my .02 cents.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

And despite that, they still haven't created a reliable stat for defense in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information