Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not like I thought he was going anywhere but Big Papi to accept arbitration. Stays in Boston.

    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...itration-offer
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      I'm glad it's not. Supposedly, the only real targets are Geo Gonz and that Cuban OF stud. (for the BoSox)
      Could be the Yankees only targets as well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Could be the Yankees only targets as well.
        Lets be real, everyone is a target for the yankees.



        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Lets be real, everyone is a target for the yankees.
          Not really. Yankees want to get back under $189 million. Because they don't want to pay the luxury tax anymore. Especially since it will be going up to 50% for them. They haven't really shown interest in anyone this off season. Unless something really interests them I think they're ok heading into the season without any upgrades.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Not really. Yankees want to get back under $189 million. Because they don't want to pay the luxury tax anymore. Especially since it will be going up to 50% for them. They haven't really shown interest in anyone this off season. Unless something really interests them I think they're ok heading into the season without any upgrades.
            Well they need to do SOMETHING to their pitching staff.



            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              Well they need to do SOMETHING to their pitching staff.
              Eh, they were 11th in MLB and 4th in the AL in ERA last year. They coasted to the best record in the AL in September, they just didn't get timely hitting in the postseason. But the postseason is a crap shoot. They seem to be happy with the same staff with some of their bigger prospects in the high minors to fill in if necessary.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                Eh, they were 11th in MLB and 4th in the AL in ERA last year. They coasted to the best record in the AL in September, they just didn't get timely hitting in the postseason. But the postseason is a crap shoot.
                lets face it, they were lucky as hell with Garcia and Colon pitching the way they did. They need pitching help badly if they wanna win a championship.

                Sig by BK

                “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                  lets face it, they were lucky as hell with Garcia and Colon pitching the way they did. They need pitching help badly if they wanna win a championship.
                  I agree. I just can't expect Colon and Garcia to pitch as well as they did last year.

                  Sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                    lets face it, they were lucky as hell with Garcia and Colon pitching the way they did. They need pitching help badly if they wanna win a championship.
                    Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                    I agree. I just can't expect Colon and Garcia to pitch as well as they did last year.
                    EXACTLY!!!!



                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                    Comment


                    • Only Garcia will be back it seems. He won't pitch that well but for a #5 if he even does what he did the past few seasons before this past one, it wouldn't be terrible. There are certainly many worse pitchers than him in the AL. But we have young arms to back him up.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Only Garcia will be back it seems. He won't pitch that well but for a #5 if he even does what he did the past few seasons before this past one, it wouldn't be terrible. There are certainly many worse pitchers than him in the AL. But we have young arms to back him up.
                        I just have my doubts with Nova as a number 2. He pitched great last season, but was he a product of the Yankees' run production?



                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                        Comment


                        • Mets agree to terms with Jon Rauch. Now that is a great response to losing one of our best players.

                          Comment


                          • Mystery team offers 10 years to Pujols.

                            Baseless speculation by me: Texas, San Francisco, Mariners, Jays, Pir-ahaha
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                            - Ko Simpson

                            Comment


                            • Hey, don't you talk bad about my Pirates!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                                Mets agree to terms with Jon Rauch. Now that is a great response to losing one of our best players.
                                And with that the Mets offseason is practically over.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information