X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Rauch - 1 year $3.5 million
    Francisco - 2 years $12 million

It's a shame we're still going to be the worst team in the division.
    You better hope you have some leads to protect.

Comment

It was the 3rd year.
      His first year is better than any year Francisco has or will ever have.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The cheapest way to upgrade your team is through the bullpen so that's obviously what Sandy and Co. are trying to do with these moves. It's not like I have any delusion we're going to win 80 games though with the rotation and lineup we'll still be throwing out there.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          His first year is better than any year Francisco has or will ever have.
          I have no argument with this. I don't think I ever bashed the Benoit deal anyway.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The cheapest way to upgrade your team is through the bullpen so that's obviously what Sandy and Co. are trying to do with these moves. It's not like I have any delusion we're going to win 80 games though with the rotation and lineup we'll still be throwing out there.
            You probably could have kept Reyes if you gave him some of that Francisco money.

Comment

The cheapest way to upgrade your team is through the bullpen so that's obviously what Sandy and Co. are trying to do with these moves. It's not like I have any delusion we're going to win 80 games though with the rotation and lineup we'll still be throwing out there.
              Hasn't really worked out too well for the Orioles the last five times they've tried this.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Giants trade-Good.

Rauch signing- Fine. Overpaid. I like the guy, but if he rebounds, he's gone at the deadline. Cool.

Francisco-Eh. Not atrocious, too much money obviously though.

Comment

• Pirates are interested in Erik Bedard. If he can stay healthy, and that's a big IF, then I say hell yes.

Comment

• I laugh at all these winter meetings BS rumors that are constantly spewed out by these writers seemingly every few minutes. You know those guys are just scrambling around all day trying to be the one to break that big signing/trade

must be a tough 4 days for them to get very little sleep or breaks

Also, I think the "mystery team" that also offered Pujols a 10yr deal is probably some made up crap by his sleazeball agent

Comment

• Apparently the Tigers are talking to the A's about Gio Gonzalez. We dont really have many pieces to trade. The cupboard is pretty bare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Hasn't really worked out too well for the Orioles the last five times they've tried this.
                        I trust Sandy to deal some of these guys at the deadline for some pieces as well.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          You probably could have kept Reyes if you gave him some of that Francisco money.
                          I don't know. I haven't heard anything definitively on what we offered Reyes. 2 years $12 million is a long way off from 6 years $107 million.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't know. I haven't heard anything definitively on what we offered Reyes. 2 years $12 million is a long way off from 6 years $107 million.
                            I know that. But what do you think you offered? If you would have added 3-4 million a year to whatever you had already offered him, wouldn't you rather have him than Francisco? I know the contract would have been a lot longer, but hopefully by 2014 you would be in a better state performance wise and financially.

I guess you could only sign Francisco because the money you thought may have went to Reyes is free now, but that contract to me seems like spending for the sake of spending. Throwing the fans a cookie. And not a really tasty one either.
                            Last edited by Jughead10; 12-07-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I know that. But what do you think you offered? If you would have added 3-4 million a year to whatever you had already offered him, wouldn't you rather have him than Francisco? I know the contract would have been a lot longer, but hopefully by 2014 you would be in a better state performance wise and financially.

I guess you could only sign Francisco because the money you thought may have went to Reyes is free now, but that contract to me seems like spending for the sake of spending. Throwing the fans a cookie. And not a really tasty one either.
                              I think we probably maxed out at 5 years $90 million or maybe something very close to that. I believe the Wilpons are 100% at fault here but I'm glad we have a creative Front Office here to hopefully right the ship just a little. Of course I'd rather have Reyes than these bullpen moves but knowing that's not a possibility I liked what we did last night. It looks like he's trying to go in the direction they went in SD 2 years when they contended with a strong bullpen. We don't have the same rotation though unfortunately. Fran Francisco is actually pretty good, I don't think we really overpaid for him considering what the other closers have been getting the last two years. If anything we overspent by a million dollars which is really not that big of a deal.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who the **** let McCarver in the broadcasting hall of fame?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information