MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I know that. But what do you think you offered? If you would have added 3-4 million a year to whatever you had already offered him, wouldn't you rather have him than Francisco? I know the contract would have been a lot longer, but hopefully by 2014 you would be in a better state performance wise and financially.

I guess you could only sign Francisco because the money you thought may have went to Reyes is free now, but that contract to me seems like spending for the sake of spending. Throwing the fans a cookie. And not a really tasty one either.

the problem with reyes wasn't year dollars... it was length/health incentive based deal which the marlins bypassed and we drew a line in the sand. I would have obviously operated differently, but it is what it is.

It isn't spending to spend because we desperately needed bp help. while Francisco got overpaid, he's actually pretty good. Unfortunately his dollars got bumped up because of being a closer (which is dumb) the contract is reasonable considering what bell/madson
    /papelbon go for/went for even if they are better.

Comment

• Kinda thinking the D'Backs are out of the Kuroda running now since we are going after Gio Gonzalez and have talked about resigning Saunders

What do you think his asking price will be?

Comment

• Huston Street to the Padres for a PTBNL.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Yankees won the bid for Nakajima according to Rosenthal. $2 million posting fee.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If he signs I'd expect a Nunez trade, I believe ATL showed interest in him earlier.

Comment

• Wilson close to the Angels as well. That's a pretty damn good top 3 of Weaver/Haren/Wilson. Probably the second best in baseball next to the Phillies.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                The Yankees won the bid for Nakajima according to Rosenthal. $2 million posting fee.
                Nevermind. Saki bombs on me.

Comment

• Reyes being interviewed on ESPN right now at the Winter mettings just said he was not made an offer by the Mets at all.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Looks like the Pirates have signed Bedard. I'm waiting on a guy like Rosenthal to report it before I believe it. Said to be a year for 4.25 plus incentives. Not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                      Looks like the Pirates have signed Bedard. I'm waiting on a guy like Rosenthal to report it before I believe it. Said to be a year for 4.25 plus incentives. Not bad.
                      Good luck with him... I have never been a big fan of his. He is injured to often and is too streaky.

Whats the word on Maholm?

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                        Good luck with him... I have never been a big fan of his. He is injured to often and is too streaky.

Whats the word on Maholm?
                        I understand he's a risk, but one I'd like to take.

I like Maholm. I wish we would have kept him, but not at the over 9 million dollar rate he was at. One thing about him though, is he's a fast starter, but starts to suck in the second half. He's done that two years in a row. Oh, and he needs a good defense behind him to be effective. Plus he's a good guy to have in the club house. I wouldn't mind him back.

Comment

• I would love to bring in Maholm as a 5th starter for the Sox.

With a top 10 defense behind him I feel like he would fit the role well and wouldn't cost a ton to sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                            Reyes being interviewed on ESPN right now at the Winter mettings just said he was not made an offer by the Mets at all.
                            I don't think this is overly shocking. All along it was pretty much, "go out, and bring back to us what you've got, we'll see from there." Mets just couldn't match the Marlins offer (god that sounds terrible). It wouldn't make me feel better to hear we offered a losing bid.

I will say, that I felt some ill will towards Reyes for the first time today. Not for taking that deal, but rather for him saying we didn't want him. We wanted to talk in-season, but he wanted to wait when he looked like the MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I don't think this is overly shocking. All along it was pretty much, "go out, and bring back to us what you've got, we'll see from there." Mets just couldn't match the Marlins offer (god that sounds terrible). It wouldn't make me feel better to hear we offered a losing bid.

I will say, that I felt some ill will towards Reyes for the first time today. Not for taking that deal, but rather for him saying we didn't want him. We wanted to talk in-season, but he wanted to wait when he looked like the MVP.
                              No one really wants to negotiate during season. Just unnecessary distractions.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                No one really wants to negotiate during season. Just unnecessary distractions.
                                We told him in the offseason as soon as you get your offer come back to us and we'll go from there. He never came back apparently.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information