Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pirates trade Jose Veras to the Brew Crew for Casey McGehee.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Pirates trade Jose Veras to the Brew Crew for Casey McGehee.
      Pedro to first? I know there was whispers of it last season.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
        Pedro to first? I know there was whispers of it last season.
        Or it's a "you better get your **** together Pedro" type of move. I could see McGahee playing first base, too.

        Comment


        • Reds traded Travis Wood and two prospects for Sean Marshall.

          Not really sure what to think. Wood pitched horribly last year, but I still really like him. On the other hand, Marshall is awesome and the Reds needed bullpen help.


          <@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
          <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
          <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
          <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080
            It's such a joke at this point and the bumbling commish does nothing because he is best friends with Wilpon. We closed the GCL team to save $800,000 and apparently we are not willing to sign anyone under AAA if we needed a fill. I guess the only way Bud will step in is if they start missing payroll checks for the players.

            Hey, at least we are finally seeing the benefit of appeasing the commish by abiding to slot in the draft!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
              Reds traded Travis Wood and two prospects for Sean Marshall.

              Not really sure what to think. Wood pitched horribly last year, but I still really like him. On the other hand, Marshall is awesome and the Reds needed bullpen help.
              I like the deal for you guys. Marshall has quietly been one of the better RP's in baseball.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Hey, at least we are finally seeing the benefit of appeasing the commish by abiding to slot in the draft!
                This is true. We get loans and extensions from MLB that we don't deserve. Apparently Selig has been calling other owners trying to garner support for another extension for Fred so he doesn't have to pay back the loan MLB gave him. How they could let this happen to a NY team is beyond me.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • John Danks re-signed with the White Sox for 5 years $65 million. Danks for Mauer on the horizon.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    This is true. We get loans and extensions from MLB that we don't deserve. Apparently Selig has been calling other owners trying to garner support for another extension for Fred so he doesn't have to pay back the loan MLB gave him. How they could let this happen to a NY team is beyond me.

                    Bud gave us Sandy, knowing that his ability to construct a roster on a budget is the only shot we have.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      Bud gave us Sandy, knowing that his ability to construct a roster on a budget is the only shot we have.
                      From all accounts it seems like Sandy was lied to about our budget situation. It wouldn't shock me to see him jump ship in the near future.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        From all accounts it seems like Sandy was lied to about our budget situation. It wouldn't shock me to see him jump ship in the near future.
                        It does seem that way for sure. I'd imagine he'll be here 2-3 more years and we'll pass the torch to DePo or Riccardi.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          It does seem that way for sure. I'd imagine he'll be here 2-3 more years and we'll pass the torch to DePo or Riccardi.
                          Yeah hopefully Depo and we have new owners by then.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Braves offered Baltimore Prado and Jurjins for Adam Jones.. god i wish they would have accepted that :(

                            Sig by BK

                            “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                              Braves offered Baltimore Prado and Jurjins for Adam Jones.. god i wish they would have accepted that :(
                              I'm pretty sure the rumors were false. God, I hope they were false. I'd hate to think Atlanta is run by incompetent fools.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the rumors were false. God, I hope they were false. I'd hate to think Atlanta is run by incompetent fools.
                                Id love that trade

                                Sig by BK

                                “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information