No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UZR may not be perfect but it's not as flawed as you make it seem. UZR says that Pedroia was the 3rd best defensive 2B in baseball last year. It also says that Cano was below average and the 16th best defensive 2B in baseball. It's not perfect, but sorry it's not that flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      UZR may not be perfect but it's not as flawed as you make it seem. UZR says that Pedroia was the 3rd best defensive 2B in baseball last year. It also says that Cano was below average and the 16th best defensive 2B in baseball. It's not perfect, but sorry it's not that flawed.
      UZR also has Mark Teixeira as the 5th worst 1B in the league last year. Im sorry but that's just nuts.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        UZR also has Mark Teixeira as the 5th worst 1B in the league last year. Im sorry but that's just nuts.
        UZR data is ****** with 1st baseman, but with other positions it's a very solid tool.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          UZR data is ****** with 1st baseman, but with other positions it's a very solid tool.
          And why is that? Sample issues? The fact that they are expected to cover less zones, which can lead to drastic changes in their rating? I dunno. There are just too many variables for any of it to be used in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            And why is that? Sample issues? The fact that they are expected to cover less zones, which can lead to drastic changes in their rating? I dunno. There are just too many variables for any of it to be used in my opinion.
            It's just I think 1st baseman with better defenders around them tend to benefit in UZR overall. I do not think Ryan Howard is a better defender than Tex (hell I know he isn't), but he has a better UZR because of certain circumstances. Those zones and so forth don't apply to other positions because it's an easier process to evaluate.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• 8-6 Phillies lead, men on 1st and 2nd 2 outs, Cantu batting, ground ball to SS game over. :(

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                8-6 Phillies lead, men on 1st and 2nd 2 outs, Cantu batting, ground ball to SS game over. :(
                You were lucky to be at 8-6. You think the Phillies could protect an 8-2 lead. Maybe next time Manuel will be tempted to put Halladay back out there.

Comment

• Jerry Manuel is so dumb I can't even accurately describe it.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Felipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      Felipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Send my ass of a manager a thank you card when you get a chance.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Send my ass of a manager a thank you card when you get a chance.
                        Was Feliciano not available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Was Feliciano not available?
                          From everything I know he was. I'm not going to be suprised if some excuse is made up after the game though. Also, I know he's Oliver Perez but the way he was pitching he shouldn't have been taken out in the first place.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Jerry Manuel is so dumb I can't even accurately describe it.
                            Yes. Yes he is.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Atta boy Lastings! Too bad the bullpen blew the 3 run lead. Andrew McCutchen is going to steal 40 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Atta boy Lastings! Too bad the bullpen blew the 3 run lead. Andrew McCutchen is going to steal 40 this year.
                                Wow 40 stolen bases! That's quite the feat...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information