No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Bailey to Red Sox. Looks like Reddick is one of the prospects going back.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Andrew Bailey to Red Sox. Looks like Reddick is one of the prospects going back.
      Sweeeeeetttttt

Why's it feel like we raped in that deal?

BoSox Get Bailey and OF Sweetny
      A's get Reddick and minor leaguers Miles Head(3B) and Alcantera(P, 19 yrs old)

I'm not familiar with those minor leaguers though... but I like the trade.
      Last edited by Nalej; 12-28-2011, 04:13 PM.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I have mixed feelings on this trade...

I love that we are acquiring a good young talent in Bailey but this means that we are going full bore with Bard in the starting rotation (which is my main concern). And another Lefty OF... COME ON.

Comment

• I think it's a pretty fair trade. The Red Sox got their closer without giving up any blue chip guys, so I guess they should be happy about that. Bailey is good, but is injury prone (and closers just aren't worth all that much) and Sweeney has been garbage. The pieces the A's got aren't big time prospects, but still look decent.

Comment

• A's got hosed. More after work

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• A team not entirely ******* themselves for a relief pitcher for once I like it

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                Sweeeeeetttttt

Why's it feel like we raped in that deal?

BoSox Get Bailey and OF Sweetny
                A's get Reddick and minor leaguers Miles Head(3B) and Alcantera(P, 19 yrs old)

I'm not familiar with those minor leaguers though... but I like the trade.
                Head is a decent power prospect that is probably more of a first base guy down the line. He's well above age level and has put up some good numbers, but I don't feel like we're losing much there as you can find guys like Head in most organizations and most of the time they don't end up being anything special. Raul Alcantara is a 19 year old lottery ticket and the type of guy I would have preferred to hold on to, but I can live with it. 6'3, 180 pounds and hits 95 fairly regularly. He didn't fare very well in his first season in the United States, but he's still got some potential. We gave him a fairly big bonus a few years back.

Overall...I like it, but I'm certainly hoping Bailey can stay healthy. Sweeney is a decent throw in, he just bats from the wrong side.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  Head is a decent power prospect that is probably more of a first base guy down the line. He's well above age level and has put up some good numbers, but I don't feel like we're losing much there as you can find guys like Head in most organizations and most of the time they don't end up being anything special. Raul Alcantara is a 19 year old lottery ticket and the type of guy I would have preferred to hold on to, but I can live with it. 6'3, 180 pounds and hits 95 fairly regularly. He didn't fare very well in his first season in the United States, but he's still got some potential. We gave him a fairly big bonus a few years back.

Overall...I like it, but I'm certainly hoping Bailey can stay healthy. Sweeney is a decent throw in, he just bats from the wrong side.
                  As I said before I like it but I am still very weary on Bard in the rotation. We are quickly making him less needed in the bullpen and making his need in the rotation that much more.

And again Lefty OF.
                  Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 12-28-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• I'm very much looking forward to Bard starting and Bailey closing games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      I'm very much looking forward to Bard starting and Bailey closing games.
                      That'll change when Bailey's arm explodes again.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I'm very much looking forward to Bard starting and Bailey closing games.
                        I bet the Sox are looking forward to your crappy 2-5 as well.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• BoSox should have went after The Hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            BoSox should have went after The Hammer.
                            Honestly I wish we had... There has been reports that the front office has been interested in him since before he was as good as he is. I have wanted him since I heard he might be available. That slider he struck Gonzalez out on last season was nasty.

Although I will say Bailey has been good as well and is one of the better closers in the AL when he can stay healthy. So we take a gamble on a young often broken player.
                            Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 12-29-2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Who's the Hammer?
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Joel Hanrahan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information