Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
    She certainly wasn't going there for Castro's bitchin cooking

    Still, Castro has a long ways to go before he can reach Jeter's level of expertise on women. Trial and error, young man.
    You mean Castro didn't leave her a basket of signed memorabilia after he assaulted her?

    Comment


    • Exactly. Jeter takes care of his women. I bet if Castro gave her a gift basket she wouldn't have contacted authorities.

      Comment


      • Jeter might be the most douchey person who comes off smelling like roses no matter what he does. Oh well.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Jeter is a SAINT. I think once he retires the official MLB logo will be changed to a silhouette of Jeter doing his panted lean/crouch over the plate whenever a pitch is thrown close to the strikezone. You know what I'm talkin about. Pitcher tries to hit the inside corner of the strike zone and D-Jeetz leans over the plate to get the ump to call it a ball

          Comment


          • Am I too late to get in on the Derek Jeter circle jerk? Have we mentioned 5 gold gloves for his excellent short stop play yet?

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Jeter might be the most douchey person who comes off smelling like roses no matter what he does. Oh well.
              I find it tremendous that he did the gift basket thing to the same girl twice.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
                Zambrano for Volstad...why marlins ?
                While they both suck, Zambrano sucks less, has higher upside, and they are only on the hook for 3 million. Plus, he helps with their goal of being the "Los Marlins" and increasing ticket sales.

                Comment


                • Girl passes out at Casa de Castro, later awakens only to see this face emerge from under the covers

                  Last edited by BloodBrother; 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Rizzo and Zach Cates to the Cubs. Cashner and Kyung-Min Na to the padres

                    #MoncriefArmy

                    Comment


                    • Theo raked up in that one.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Loved Rizzo for Cashner. Liked Cashner, but he wasn't going to be much use to us and Rizzo should be.

                        Add in Cates. The more I'm reading about Cates, the more I love it. He's really raw and more than likely will never pan out to what his potential is. But maybe, just maybe, he will. Both are still 21-22, so the hope is still there!

                        Once you accept that your team is going nowhere soon, rebuilding is actually pretty awesome.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          Loved Rizzo for Cashner. Liked Cashner, but he wasn't going to be much use to us and Rizzo should be.

                          Add in Cates. The more I'm reading about Cates, the more I love it. He's really raw and more than likely will never pan out to what his potential is. But maybe, just maybe, he will. Both are still 21-22, so the hope is still there!

                          Once you accept that your team is going nowhere soon, rebuilding is actually pretty awesome.
                          I don't consider this a rebuilding move. Rizzo will probably start, am I correct? If you're not getting Prince at this point, if Rizzo was being shopped, he's probably the best option to start this year.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I don't consider this a rebuilding move. Rizzo will probably start, am I correct? If you're not getting Prince at this point, if Rizzo was being shopped, he's probably the best option to start this year.
                            Ya, Rizzo is going to start (probably). I really meant rebuilding in general as an organization, not just this move. The Cubs aren't going anywhere any time soon, so shipping pieces we don't need for prospects or younger pieces to build around is more fun then what they've been doing the last 5-10 years in trying to add marginal players with an occassional big name to try and compete, while neglecting our farm system.

                            It's just nice to be making moves to shake things up in the organization, rather than throwing out money just because we have it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Ya, Rizzo is going to start (probably). I really meant rebuilding in general as an organization, not just this move. The Cubs aren't going anywhere any time soon, so shipping pieces we don't need for prospects or younger pieces to build around is more fun then what they've been doing the last 5-10 years in trying to add marginal players with an occassional big name to try and compete, while neglecting our farm system.

                              It's just nice to be making moves to shake things up in the organization, rather than throwing out money just because we have it.
                              Got ya. I don't think it will be a long "rebuild". Theo only really needs a year to purge the team of undesirable parts. The only one he might get stuck with is Soriano but you can work with one bad deal. This was a weak FA class. Extremely top heavy.

                              Comment


                              • Certainly glad Rizzo got out of PETCO. He's easily one of my favorite players in baseball with all the stuff he went through as a member of our organization....of course it doesn't hurt that the kid can absolutely rake too. Really good move by Theo there.

                                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information