MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Got ya. I don't think it will be a long "rebuild". Theo only really needs a year to purge the team of undesirable parts. The only one he might get stuck with is Soriano but you can work with one bad deal. This was a weak FA class. Extremely top heavy.
    Ya, I mean, I don't think most of us are expecting to be down for like 3-4 years before starting to compete again. But I'm at the very least expecting to just cut our losses with as many bad investments as possible just to clear up space in the next couple years. 2012 is going to be a lost season, so already accepting that I can enjoy some of these moves more.

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Certainly glad Rizzo got out of PETCO. He's easily one of my favorite players in baseball with all the stuff he went through as a member of our organization....of course it doesn't hurt that the kid can absolutely rake too. Really good move by Theo there.
    I think getting Rizzo out of Petco and into Wrigley will really help him. Hopefully. I think he's someone us Cubs fans are going to be really excited about come spring training.

Comment

• Have heard that Rizzo starts the year in Iowa and Bryan LaHair starts at 1B.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Angels signed JORGE CANTU to a 1yr minor league deal with an invite to spring training

this is THE piece

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
          Angels signed JORGE CANTU to a 1yr minor league deal with an invite to spring training

this is THE piece
          Not that douche that ripped my heart out and took a giant piss on and he keeps under $40 million.

Comment

• Victor Martinez tears ACL in left knee, out for 2012. Ouch
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080
              My friend's uncle is a scout for the Cubs and he is the one who originally signed Moyer to his first deal.
              Billy Blitzer?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                Victor Martinez tears ACL in left knee, out for 2012. Ouch
                GOD DAMN IT!

Who the hell can the Tigers get as a replacement this late in free agency?

They're either going to make Delmon Young the DH and sign an outfielder (Cespedes? ugh), or sign someone like Carlos Pena from the veteran scrap heap.

R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  GOD DAMN IT!

They're either going to make Delmon Young the DH and sign an outfielder (Cespedes? ugh), or sign someone like Carlos Pena from the veteran scrap heap.

Give Prince a huge one year deal and let him enter the market again next year. :/

Comment

• A case for Carlos Pena: He starts at 1B vs. RHP (.388 OBP in 2011) and sits vs. LHP (.260 OBP). Cabrera is DH vs. RHP, 1B vs. LHP.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                      Give Prince a huge one year deal and let him enter the market again next year. :/
                      I propose that and Daniel there gets all angry.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                        GOD DAMN IT!

I'm willing to bet money that their option A will be Cespedes like you said.
                        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                          Billy Blitzer?
                          Yeah that's him.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Kung Fu Panda gets a new deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                              Kung Fu Panda gets a new deal.
                              3 years - $16M. Buys out his 3 arbitration years.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                                I'm willing to bet money that their option A will be Cespedes like you said.
                                I don't want Cespedes. I didn't particularly want him pre-VMart injury, and I especially don't want him now because he's such a projection. When he was going to supplement a capable lineup, it was one thing. When he'll be expected to start and counted on for 25 HR and a .300 average, that just won't work.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information