No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrera was a terrible 3B 60 pounds ago. He's going to much worse this time around.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Whatever gets you through the night.

At least Hamilton never did it before the biggest game of his career at the time. At least that we know of. It's only a matter of time before he hits the bottle hard again. He's a moron.
      Biggest game of his career was Game 6 of the 2003 World Series...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Biggest game of his career was Game 6 of the 2003 World Series...
        I forgot about that. Haha looked like a different person back then. That's what the booze will do.

Comment

• Detroit is coming to Pittsburgh this summer and I'm probably going. I'm pumped. I hope Verlander is pitching the day I'm going.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            But (for this season at least) he's not replacing Inge. Some other player is replacing Inge and Fielder is replacing Martinez. Now in 2013 it'll probably be Cabrera-Fielder-Martinez in the middle of that lineup and that will be an unstoppable force, but for this season I don't think the gains in the lineup will make up for the ineffifiencies in the field. Even if Cabrera is a little better than we think he'll be at third base, he won't be good at third. Having bad range instead of terrible range isn't that big of a deal when you have Peralta at short and Fielder at first to enhance that. It's okay to have a guy like Cabrera at third if you have in incredible middle infield like Alomar/Vizquel back in the late '90s, but that's not the case.

In any even, I definitely will be tuning in to some Tigers games to see how their infield holds up (and of course to see some Fielder/Cabrera fireworks at the plate).
            Well, I've said it before. I highly doubt Cabrera plays more than half his games THIS season at third base. I project 50% 3B, 15% 1B and 35% DH.

Many people in Michigan are questioning why Cabrera should be playing 3B this year (before VMart's return), but the answer is that it's even more unlikely this will work out well if Cabrera waits another year before acclimating to the hot corner again.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
              Except he didn't go. Beane has to realize he'll never win in Oakland. He had a chance to see if he can win and he turned it down. If he's such a genius he should win 2 of every 3 World Series with a 180 million dollar pay roll. Beane basically works in obscurity.

The pressure and the moment doesn't scare Theo. Yes he has the payroll, but with that payroll comes the pressure. If Theo can win with the Cubs, he will have done what couldn't have been done in a combined 200 years of baseball. And for that he would be legendary.
              I don't think it was the case of Beane being scared. I think he wanted to see if he could finish what he started ending with a WS championship but instead as time went on the whole league caught up to him.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I don't think it was the case of Beane being scared. I think he wanted to see if he could finish what he started ending with a WS championship but instead as time went on the whole league caught up to him.
                Why did he just sign an extension again then?

Comment

Why did he just sign an extension again then?
                  He's comfortable there and he has part ownership of the team. If someone else offers him an ownership stake then maybe he jumps.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    He's comfortable there.
                    And why do you think that is?

Comment

• I can't blame Beane really. Having the reputation he has without really having to win sounds like a good deal to me.

Comment

• I added some more to my other post.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          I can't blame Beane really. Having the reputation he has without really having to win sounds like a good deal to me.
                          Exactly. He can just collect a paycheck and tinker as he sees fit.

Comment

• ...And he owns part of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              ...And he owns part of the team.
                              How much does he own?

Comment

How much does he own?
                                More than anther GM owns. Another team would probably never give him an ownership stake. If they did and offered a compelling deal he might switch.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information