Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
    Manny to the A's.
    They have absolutely zero need for Manny, so goddamn Beane needs to stop with the DH/1B/OF market.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• lol Pujols fined for his cell phone going off during Mike Scioscia's first speech to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        They have absolutely zero need for Manny, so goddamn Beane needs to stop with the DH/1B/OF market.
        For $500,000 it's almost a good investment just to keep him away from other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
          For $500,000 it's almost a good investment just to keep him away from other teams.
          At this point in his career, not really. Not like the A's are ready to stop other teams.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I heard he did it on a dare.

Which also makes Raul Ibanez getting a third year in his contract, the Ryan Howard extension and Danys Baez's existence make sense.
            Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

At this point in his career, not really. Not like the A's are ready to stop other teams.
              That doesnt mean Beane can't try to make the A's more exciting to watch. Baseball is a spectator sport you know.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                That doesnt mean Beane can't try to make the A's more exciting to watch. Baseball is a spectator sport you know.
                If he didn't have to sit out 50 games, I would agree. Your season could very well be over by June 1 or whenever around then he is eligible for return.

Comment

• Beane probably signed him to sell tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    If he didn't have to sit out 50 games, I would agree. Your season could very well be over by June 1 or whenever around then he is eligible for return.
                    Which is right when the A's would need a boost in tickets. Employing one of the best right handed hitters of our generation just might give a little boost to those ticket sales when they would normally start to fall.

It would work similarly to Charlie O Finley trotting out the donkey back in the 70s.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                      Which is right when the A's would need a boost in tickets. Employing one of the best right handed hitters of our generation just might give a little boost to those ticket sales when they would normally start to fall.

It would work similarly to Charlie O Finley trotting out the donkey back in the 70s.
                      I guess I just think the opposite. You guys could use a little boost anytime of the season. I think any attraction Manny might be bring would be stronger when every team is in first place and "has a chance". If the A's are 18-32 and 8-10 games out of first place, why would anyone go see Manny at that point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I guess I just think the opposite. You guys could use a little boost anytime of the season. I think any attraction Manny might be bring would be stronger when every team is in first place and "has a chance". If the A's are 18-32 and 8-10 games out of first place, why would anyone go see Manny at that point?
                        Well regardless of their record, there will still be some speculation on it. People will probably buy tickets in advance.

But if Manny looks like ****, I got to wonder how long it lasts. Demographics could play a role in it too, if they market Manny well enough, you could get a Hispanic influence to come to the game.

The Broncos season tickets blew up when the Duggars ordered their tix for Tebowmania.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• BA's top 100 list is out.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612998.html

It seems a bit off to me even though I'm not sure what I don't like at this point.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Cespedes and Darvish being prospects is stupid.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              Cespedes and Darvish being prospects is stupid.
                              Yes and no. I think they are still young enough. Matsui was #1 or #2 one year. That was stupid.

Comment

• Sums up the Orioles perfectly

2010: YAY! I made it!

2011: We'll turn it around this year!

2012: This losing shits getting old

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information