MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nepg View Post

And the Red Sox got absolutely dick in that Youkilis trade... Wow.

Understatement. They have to pay 2 mill of his salary too. Not bad enough that they just gave him away.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I have been talking to Grizz about it today. With what we got in return and that emotional moment on the field yesterday I am still pissed.

Comment

• I missed it (the moment)... IYARSAD... Love/Loved Youk.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          I missed it (the moment)... IYARSAD... Love/Loved Youk.
          Did you catch it a replay of it?

If not here it is

Start at 1:50

Comment

• Wonder what ovation Ortiz gets in his last game of the season(he's gone after this year)

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
              Wonder what ovation Ortiz gets in his last game of the season(he's gone after this year)
              The way he has been hitting this season I don't foresee them letting him walk.

He as been the best hitter on our team this season by far. Also he looks less like a amorphous blob of fat that can hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                The way he has been hitting this season I don't foresee them letting him walk.

He as been the best hitter on our team this season by far. Also he looks less like a amorphous blob of fat that can hit.
                Why let him walk? If Papi is ok with doing a string of one year deals, why not do it. He'll never have to worry about playing the field. And with Youk gone now that's just even more ABs for him. Not that he was going to lose many anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Why let him walk? If Papi is ok with doing a string of one year deals, why not do it. He'll never have to worry about playing the field. And with Youk gone now that's just even more ABs for him. Not that he was going to lose many anyway.
                  He wants a two year deal for more than he got this season which is right around 15 mil. I think they are having a hard time justifying 30+ mil on a 36 year old DH with injury issues in the past couple seasons.

For many years I thought he was a bloated piece of crap but with all that he did in the offseason to really get in shape he has swayed my opinion a bit.

I hope they resign him for at least one more season.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    D'Backs 10-2 last 2 homestands and 14-7 in June
                    Just in time for the Trevor Bauer era to begin.

I cannot wait.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• It looks like Anthony Rizzo is getting called up tomorrow.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                      Bortlezzzzzzz
                      Originally posted by Monomach
                      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• 3 errors in the first inning and 2 by Tabata. The dude is hot garbage this year. He NEEDS replaced.

Comment

• Well here's the Pirates team I remember. 6 batters faced, 3 errors, 4 runs.

Tabata shouldnt see the field for a long time after this one. Trade for one outfielder and call up Marte. Not a good start to the road trip considering the next three Philly pitchers we face and we have to go to Stl without McDonald or Burnett.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• I'd love to move CY, doesn't seem to be much interest him despite being one of the best defensive CF in baseball

Comment

• He's basically a 4th OF/late inning defensive replacement/power bat off the bench. How much do you expect to get? He's a very weird player.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• not sure I would just like to move his and Saunders contracts for whatever and spend the money on a 3B

Hell if we could dump Putz too that would be glorious

We are just at the limits of what we can spend and those 3 are about $15MM of it
                                Last edited by fenikz; 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information