Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    a friend of mine was attacked on twitter by Buster Olney

If your friend had any idea how to read BABIP, this wouldn't be a problem. For god sakes, LOOK AT THE ******* LINE DRIVE PERCENTAGE. Trout's line drive percentage is off the charts.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Me love Trout long time.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        If your friend had any idea how to read BABIP, this wouldn't be a problem. For god sakes, LOOK AT THE ******* LINE DRIVE PERCENTAGE. Trout's line drive percentage is off the charts.
        For what it's worth, he's a hardcore Rangers fan. But, that said, you don't think that is bound to come down at some point?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Not taking anything away from Harper but i'll take Trout if i'm starting a franchise.
          To be fair Harper is more than a year younger and Trout wasn't anything special at Harper's age in the majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Me love Trout long time.
            I'm not a big Trout fan.

More of a Salmon guy myself.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              I'm not a big Trout fan.

More of a Salmon guy myself.
              Took you for a Carp fan.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                To be fair Harper is more than a year younger and Trout wasn't anything special at Harper's age in the majors.
                Trout only played about a fourth of a season last year but you may have a point. We'll see if Harper's second season matches what Trout is doing this year. Something tells me it wont.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Took you for a Carp fan.
                  Nah, more of a Catfish Hunter guy myself.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Trout only played about a fourth of a season last year but you may have a point. We'll see if Harper's second season matches what Trout is doing this year. Something tells me it wont.
                    Even if it doesn't, that means very little towards the long term. What Trout is doing is unheard of, especially at 20. If Harper doesn't match it, that by no means equates to Trout>Harper over the course of their careers.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

It almost definitely won't, but as good as Trout ishe's playing like freakin Mickey Mantle at 20 years old, I don't think he's THIS good yet. His BABIP isn't all flukey but it may be a little bit.

With Harper improving next year and Trout maybe coming back down to earth a little I don't think the book is shut on it yet.
                      Last edited by yo123; 07-23-2012, 01:29 AM. Reason: I can't speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        It almost definitely won't, but as good as Trout is I'm not sure if he's playing like freakin Mickey Mantle at 20 years old, I don't think he's THIS good yet. His BABIP isn't all flukey but it may be a little bit.

With Harper improving next year and Trout maybe coming back down to earth a little I don't think the book is shut on it yet.
                        Not sure it makes much sense to bring up one of the greats of all time (Mickey Mantle) to make a point. There are some similarities though between the two. Hitting with power and for average. Mantle like Trout had rare speed. Trout will never have Mickey's long ball ability most likely.

Comment

Not sure it makes much sense to bring up one of the greats of all time (Mickey Mantle) to make a point. There are some similarities though between the two. Hitting with power and for average. Mantle like Trout had rare speed. Trout will never have Mickey's long ball ability most likely.
                          That was hyperbole. Just the first guy I thought of and a few have compared their playing styles.

Comment

• Trout is more Rickey Henderson with his all around game.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• This is going to be the dumbest talking point you have all heard in a while.

But I don't agree with people comparing Trout to Mantle or Griffey, Jr. etc. Yet at the same time, is it weird that I feel like we are almost "overdue" for a transcendent baseball figure?

I'm not saying it could be Trout, but eventually someone is going to have to live up to the hype right? I know Pujols might be one of the best of all-time; but I'm talking about a cultural/sports/mainstream ICON.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                                This is going to be the dumbest talking point you have all heard in a while.

But I don't agree with people comparing Trout to Mantle or Griffey, Jr. etc. Yet at the same time, is it weird that I feel like we are almost "overdue" for a transcendent baseball figure?

I'm not saying it could be Trout, but eventually someone is going to have to live up to the hype right? I know Pujols might be one of the best of all-time; but I'm talking about a cultural/sports/mainstream ICON.
                                What about Jeter?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information