MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
    McGwire is nowhere near the league of Bonds or Clemens.
    This is such a ******** response.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• For the record, the Bonds/Rose thing is just my way of messing with Brody.

Bonds was a HOF without steroids. It's stupid he ever did them. He wouldn't have the HR record but he would have some of the best numbers ever.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

....******* seriously. It's like arguing with a creationist. Just look at the damn fossil.

There's absolutely no way in hell the guy on the left hits 70+ HRs.
        Yes, he magically went from that weight on the left to the weight on the right. It was a gradual process, and it wouldn't have happened if he didn't workout like a guy tripping on speed.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
          He should have been a bigger dick. Apparently that is what it takes...

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            It's also true.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
              If the Cubs and Astros both really want the first pick, the Pirates would gladly love to sweep the next three series for them.
              Nah, we do just enough to sit at like 3rd or 4th worst record. Look like crap all year up until the All Star break? Win 15 of 19, then give up 19 runs to St. Louis in consecutive games to fall back to crap.

We don't really want the first pick, we want to be just bad enough to render this season pointless, but not so much that it actually benefits us that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                He should have been a bigger dick. Apparently that is what it takes...
                I love Mac, but comparing him to Barry ******* Bonds is idiotic at best.

Comment

You do realize Ty Cobb played the same lengthy career right? (both played 23 years) Just checking.

I have nothing against Rose. He should be in the HOF. He's just not better than Bonds was, even pre-roid use. Bonds brought more to the table than Rose ever did.

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                  No but are you saying they don't make players bigger, faster and stronger?
                  They do, doesn't necessarily mean it will make them better.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                    I love Mac, but comparing him to Barry ******* Bonds is idiotic at best.
                    I dont think its a straight talent comparison.
                    It's saying by the numbers Mac should be in the HOF.
                    So should Bonds.

Brody has been in up in arms about Bonds but not Mac. That is the comparison I have followed...

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Bonds should be in the HOF not only for being great at baseball(pre steroid use), but he should get in because that dude MASTERED the use of steroids as well

nobody maximized their real talent + steroid use like Bonds did.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        I have nothing against Rose. He should be in the HOF. He's just not better than Bonds was, even pre-roid use. Bonds brought more to the table than Rose ever did.

They do, doesn't necessarily mean it will make them better.
                        so if a player possesses the intangibles like Bonds and Clements already do, they would do nothing if it makes them stronger?

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

• I hate Barry Bonds as much as the next guy, but it's a shame that he used steroids. The guy might have been a top-10 player all time even without steroid.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                          Bortlezzzzzzz
                          Originally posted by Monomach
                          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

so if a player possesses the intangibles like Bonds and Clements already do, they would do nothing if it makes them stronger?
                            What intangibles are you speaking of here?

Comment

• Hey, at least Bengals isn't making an argument for Joe Morgan. Now there's probably the biggest a-hole in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                What intangibles are you speaking of here?
                                Patience, discipline, eye at the plate.

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Hey, at least Bengals isn't making an argument for Joe Morgan. Now there's probably the biggest a-hole in baseball.
                                I hate Joe. Ive met him. Not a nice man.
                                Same with Johnny Bench.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information