Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Junior was 100x cooler than anyone else in MLB.

    bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I love Griffey but Bonds OBP even before steroids were insane. Always had that great eye at the plate.
      Yea, i mean, his AVERAGE line from 1990-96 was

      .308/.436/.601, 36 HR, 110 RBI, 30 2B, 4 3B, 72 K, 114 BB, 38 SB

      Thats absolutely absurd. Flirting with 40/40 every season while getting on base at a 436 clip and playing elite defense. So good.

      Also, thats including the 94 season where he had 37 HR and 29 SB in 112 games.
      Last edited by comahan; 07-23-2012, 03:57 PM.




      Comment


      • The one player I would be devastated by if it was ever found out he took roids is Griff. Bonds is a douche bag and can suck it. I don't care about him.

        Griff is such a baller though.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          McGwire was a 1 trick pony and that 1 trick was greatly enhanced by the steroids he took. Bonds was a great all around player in every facet of the game.
          He had natural power, regardless of the roids. You should know better than to use roids as an argument, I expect more.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • Sources are saying Ryan Dempster has been traded to the Braves for Randall Delgado but Dempster is denying it on Twitter.

            I'd rather have Teheran but expecting the top prospect in the organization for a 35 year old picther who is good, not great is a little unrealistic.

            Originally posted by SolidGold
            Bortlezzzzzzz
            Originally posted by Monomach
            Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              He had natural power, regardless of the roids. You should know better than to use roids as an argument, I expect more.
              I'm not using it as an argument but take away HR's from McGwire and he was nothing as a ballplayer. I know you can't quantify how many extra HR's he hit because of it but he's not a HOF in my book. Same goes for Sosa.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                The one player I would be devastated by if it was ever found out he took roids is Griff. Bonds is a douche bag and can suck it. I don't care about him.

                Griff is such a baller though.
                Of all the guys who played here in Seattle Griffey was probably the least likely to take steroids. I can't say the same for Edgar and Boone and we know A-Rod took them later on in his career.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  I'm not using it as an argument but take away HR's from McGwire and he was nothing as a ballplayer. I know you can't quantify how many extra HR's he hit because of it but he's not a HOF in my book. Same goes for Sosa.
                  He was a guy with tremendous patience and he had a natural swing and natural power.


                  RIP TheManInBlack

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    Top 10 yes but not in Mays class as a player. Probably a good comparison for Bonds without steroids would be Ken Griffey. Similar players to me.
                    I meant he had the all around skill set of Mays, and the potential to be better than him in a few areas based on how his career started. More or less, they would have had very similar careers and both would have easily been top 10 all time.

                    Also...



                    Beat that Bonds!

                    Comment


                    • Tigers get Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez from the Marlins..

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        I meant he had the all around skill set of Mays, and the potential to be better than him in a few areas based on how his career started. More or less, they would have had very similar careers and both would have easily been top 10 all time.

                        Also...



                        Beat that Bonds!
                        2nd best baseball game ever made. I spent so much time playing it. LIMA TIME for all.




                        Comment


                        • I still play that game when I get drunk!! MLB 2006 is #1 though.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            Tigers get Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez from the Marlins..
                            Trades all over the place today. What did they give up?
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • Jacob Turner is going to the Marlins.


                              Edit: I guess more is going their way.

                              Comment


                              • For Jacob Turner?

                                That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information