No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Terry Ryan built us up in the first place though it was never about spending money on free agents. It's going to take some time but I definitely trust him a hell of a lot more than I trusted Bill Smith to turn it around. We do have some position player talent down in the minors, the pitching is just atrocious though. We have a middle of the rotation type guy with Gibson and that's pretty much it as far as guys who are even close to making an impact.

Agreed on the majority of Twins fans though. I can't even go to our message boards anymore.

Comment

• I'm trying to decide who is more ****** in the next few years between the Indians and Twins. The Indians might have the worst system in baseball when it comes to the upper minors (Lindor could be great, but he's at least 3 years away) combined with ****** major league talent, and the Twins just have no pitching anywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        When Terry Ryan built us up in the first place though it was never about spending money on free agents. It's going to take some time but I definitely trust him a hell of a lot more than I trusted Bill Smith to turn it around. We do have some position player talent down in the minors, the pitching is just atrocious though. We have a middle of the rotation type guy with Gibson and that's pretty much it as far as guys who are even close to making an impact.

Agreed on the majority of Twins fans though. I can't even go to our message boards anymore.
        I was simply talking about their ability to be competitive next year.

That said, with the new stadium and robust ticket sales, they'll have to at least keep their payroll around 90 million.

As for the Indians or the Twins, the answer is clearly the Indians, because nobody in Cleveland gives a damn about the Indians. They'd move the team, but there's no better options out there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Hiring Terry Francona would be a nice start, however.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I was simply talking about their ability to be competitive next year.

That said, with the new stadium and robust ticket sales, they'll have to at least keep their payroll around 90 million.

As for the Indians or the Twins, the answer is clearly the Indians, because nobody in Cleveland gives a damn about the Indians. They'd move the team, but there's no better options out there.

Well absolutely, there's little to no chance we make enough of a splash to be any more relevant next year than we were this year. They'll continue with their strategy of signing bargain bin terrible FA pitchers until they get lucky and strike gold with a few prospects. They have at least shown signs of turning away from their garbage "pitching to contact" pitching philosophy as of late, which at this point I guess is all I can really ask for.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Hiring Terry Francona would be a nice start, however.
              He's a fine manager, sure, but he can't magically fix things.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• That's why he said nice start.

Comment

• Fine fine. Maybe one of your teams can magically pull out a 90 win season like the Orioles, whose best pitcher has either been Jason Hammel (who got hurt), Wei Yin-Chen (randomness out of Japan), or Chris Tillman (who was asleep for 3 years).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Fine fine. Maybe one of your teams can magically pull out a 90 win season like the Orioles, whose best pitcher has either been Jason Hammel (who got hurt), Wei Yin-Chen (randomness out of Japan), or Chris Tillman (who was asleep for 3 years).
                    He's Taiwanese dammit! I mean come on, he doesn't look japanese AT ALL it's so obvious

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                      He's Taiwanese dammit! I mean come on, he doesn't look japanese AT ALL it's so obvious
                      I DIDN'T ******* ASK YOU, BLOODBROTHER. HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP WHILE THE TIGERS ACTUALLY PLAY IN THE GODDAMN POSTSEASON? Okay that was mean.
                      Last edited by Brodeur; 10-06-2012, 02:50 AM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It appears as if our resident moral standard thinks that all asian people look the same. My world has been turned upside down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          I DIDN'T ******* ASK YOU, BLOODBROTHER. HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP WHILE THE TIGERS ACTUALLY PLAY IN THE GODDAMN POSTSEASON? Okay that was mean.
                          I WILL **** YOUR PALE ASS UP. don't be racist. asians have hearts too.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            It appears as if our resident moral standard thinks that all asian people look the same. My world has been turned upside down.
                            No, I had never seen Chen and just assumed he came from the NPB.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Brody is still upset over Pearl Harbor

let it go man it was a long time ago

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                Brody is still upset over Pearl Harbor

let it go man it was a long time ago
                                The movie wasn't for everyone I guess. Alec Baldwin was exceptional.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information