MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    If Trout had hit three more singles, Cabrera doesn't win the Triple Crown, and probably doesn't win MVP. Think about that.

The simple mindedness is mind boggling.
    That's a very interesting way of putting it but even then I think Miggy wins it...
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Yeah, fully expected Miggy to win it

It's just discouraging how lopsided it was. I was hoping that the voters were starting to adapt and accept some of the new ways to evaluate a players worth, but it seems it's still status quo with a lot of them

and some idiot from Cleveland had Trout 3rd lol

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        That's a very interesting way of putting it but even then I think Miggy wins it...
        Yeah, for some insane reason it sounds like some of these people voted for Miggy since his team made the playoffs

I honestly can't see why this is even considered when you take into account that the Angels had a better record than the Detroit. It's just silly IMO

Trout shouldn't be penalized because 2 other teams in his division won 93+ games

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          If Trout had hit three more singles, Cabrera doesn't win the Triple Crown, and probably doesn't win MVP. Think about that.

The simple mindedness is mind boggling.
          Forget that. If Josh Hamilton hits 2 more homers, then Trout wins. How ridiculous is that?

Also POSEY!!!!!!!!!
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Guys, I don't think that would have been the case. I think Miggy would win even if he just barely missed out on the Triple Crown, because his team won their division and made the playoffs

the Triple Crown was just the icing on the cake for voters who were leaning his way in the first place

anyway, Miggy is one of the best players in baseball, so it's good to see him finally get that MVP award under his belt...just hate that it had to come at the expense of Mike Trout

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, are Ichiro Suzuki and Ricky Henderson the only leadoff hitters that won MVP?

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                Just out of curiosity, are Ichiro Suzuki and Ricky Henderson the only leadoff hitters that won MVP?
                Did Pedroia leadoff his year? He may have still hit 2.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Pretty sure Pedroia hit second.

Comment

• Pedroia has hit 2nd pretty much his entire career with short stints at leadoff and 3rd

Comment

• I feel like what Miguel Cabrera did this season has been completely under sold. He accomplished something nobody has done in decades and simply got a little golf clap and pat on the back.
                      Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock; 11-15-2012, 08:43 PM.
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                        I feel like what Miguel Cabrera did this season has been completely under sold. He accomplished something nobody has done in decades and simply got a little golf clap and pat on the back.
                        ... and an MVP award. What more do you expect him to get for having the 2nd best season in the AL?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          ... and an MVP award. What more do you expect him to get for having the 2nd best season in the AL?

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, are Ichiro Suzuki and Ricky Henderson the only leadoff hitters that won MVP?

Maury Willis and Pete Rose too. 4 lead off hitters that won MVP so far I have found.

Comment

• Did Fred Lynn bat leadoff?
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Melky Cabrera to the Jays for 2yrs/$16 million

damn, they are going all out for this year. Lineup is now looking something like this

Jose Reyes, SS
                                Emilio Bonifacio, 2B
                                Jose Bautista, RF
                                Edwin Encarnacion, 1B
                                Brett Lawrie, 3B
                                Melky Cabrera, LF
                                Colby Rasmus, CF
                                Adam Lind, DH
                                J.P. Arencibia, C

Comment

Working...
                                X