MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Scutaro for 3 years and Pagan for 4 years? This guy has won 2 WS. Incredible.
    I can't even trash him anymore!!!
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
      I can't even trash him anymore!!!
      I'll do it for you. It just boggles the mind how that happened.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll do it for you. It just boggles the mind how that happened.
        It's because the ownership group wants to physically cash in (again) on the extended revenue from winning the WS. They added the extra year to each to get the AAV down. They'll be pocketing a ton of cash in the next year, like they did 2 years ago. I hate it, but that is how they've always operated.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          It's because the ownership group wants to physically cash in (again) on the extended revenue from winning the WS. They added the extra year to each to get the AAV down. They'll be pocketing a ton of cash in the next year, like they did 2 years ago. I hate it, but that is how they've always operated.
          I meant how Sabean won 2 WS.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I meant how Sabean won 2 WS.
            Haha. Well, I can't really fathom it either. It is quite enjoyable though. One more and we can say Sabean built a dynasty ... and then get him a bust in the HOF .... yuck.

Comment

Scutaro for 3 years and Pagan for 4 years? This guy has won 2 WS. Incredible.
              The Zito contract will be off the payroll by then, so it really doesn't affect them. They'll probably be worth nothing by the end of their contracts, but that happens a lot. Posey will be a FA in 3 years, and Affeldt and Scutaro will be off the payroll by then, so you guys will be fine.

Comment

• Why are teams trying to trade for Dee Gordan?

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

• The only thing I remember about Dee Gordon is him completely missing his throw at first base and then missing to catch that ball at second base in the same play. but speedzzz I guess

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Is Andy Oliver still a good prospect/pitcher? I know he was rushed, but does he still have potential? Pirates just traded for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                      Why are teams trying to trade for Dee Gordan?
                      They believe in his speed and think he can develop more. I don't think he's ready for the big leagues quite yet and he got rushed a little.

Comment

• Im not sure if Amaro knows its the offseason, and Im kind of OK with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                          Is Andy Oliver still a good prospect/pitcher? I know he was rushed, but does he still have potential? Pirates just traded for him.
                          He still has good stuff, but his mental makeup and control suck ass.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• anyone else think its ******** to trade Upton straight up for Cabrera let alone adding Skaggs/Bauer/whoever

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              anyone else think its ******** to trade Upton straight up for Cabrera let alone adding Skaggs/Bauer/whoever
                              it would be ******** to trade any one of those 3 straight up for cabrera. kevin towers is ruining this team i hope he gets fired soon

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Angels wheeling and dealing today. First Sean Burnett and now Joe Blanton.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information