Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blanton, a nice consolation prize for not bringing back Greinke[/sarcasm]

    I do like the Burnett pickup though. Very cheap and a very solid reliever. They better get one of Sanchez, Marcum or McCarthy now, even after the Blanton pickup. He should be the #5 starter

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Is Andy Oliver still a good prospect/pitcher? I know he was rushed, but does he still have potential? Pirates just traded for him.
      No potential remaining as a starting pitcher. He could be a usable left-handed reliever ... maybe.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • WTF. When I left the rumor was that the Halos were signing Blanton to a 1yr deal. Wasn't a fan of it, but could tolerate that

        but a freakin 2yr/$15 mill deal....with a 3rd OPTION year? By all means, they cannot let that option year vest. Don't get this at all

        with all of the arms still out there, why the hell did they go this route. Jerome Williams or GArrett Richards could probably duplicate the 4.50+ ERA that Blanton seems good for. $7.5 mill a year for a damn league average arm...total waste. Only positive is that $7.5 mill is chump change for the Halos, but it's beyond annoying to see them constantly wasting money on such mediocre production. I guess they wanted to replace Homervin with a similar pitcher(Blanton gave up 39 HR's last season)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
          Giants re-sign Scutaro 20m 3 years
          Bwahahaha!!! That's funny.

          Oldie but a goodie.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
            WTF. When I left the rumor was that the Halos were signing Blanton to a 1yr deal. Wasn't a fan of it, but could tolerate that

            but a freakin 2yr/$15 mill deal....with a 3rd OPTION year? By all means, they cannot let that option year vest. Don't get this at all

            with all of the arms still out there, why the hell did they go this route. Jerome Williams or GArrett Richards could probably duplicate the 4.50+ ERA that Blanton seems good for. $7.5 mill a year for a damn league average arm...total waste. Only positive is that $7.5 mill is chump change for the Halos, but it's beyond annoying to see them constantly wasting money on such mediocre production. I guess they wanted to replace Homervin with a similar pitcher(Blanton gave up 39 HR's last season)

            Blanton can give Angels 200 innings a season. That is something Williams and Richards could not do.

            Comment


            • He hasn't thrown 200 innings since 2007.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                That makes the signing even worse. His defense in center was declining along with his bat.
                The worst part is that if they trade Ellsbury, part of it is to save money...after they just gave Victorino about what they could have kept Jacoby for... Red Sox management is ********.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                  Bwahahaha!!! That's funny.
                  He's making less than Jeff Francouer.

                  And they'll be able to ship him somewhere relatively easily if they find a better option from within during the season.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    He hasn't thrown 200 innings since 2007.

                    He was in 190 neighborhood twice since then. He is still capable of flirting 200 mark.

                    Comment


                    • I guess Dipoto is hopin that with the Angels good D(especially in the OF) it will help Blanton's overall numbers. His FIP, xFIP, SIERA have all painted him as a mid 3 ERA guy the last few seasons. Very good K/BB ratio

                      still, I expect a 4.30-4.50 ERA. Meh

                      Comment


                      • I don't understand why the Mariners would wanna get into this mega deal for the sake of getting Holland. You guys need ******* bats.



                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          The worst part is that if they trade Ellsbury, part of it is to save money...after they just gave Victorino about what they could have kept Jacoby for... Red Sox management is ********.
                          Are you ******* ********? First off you think Ellsbury would accept an contract for 13 mil a year?

                          Please don't post in this thread again if you actually believe that even the slightest bit.

                          Comment


                          • Really hoping we can get this asdrubal deal done for some nice SP prospects. More specifically Skaggs. Don't really like what I'm reading about Bauer.

                            Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                              Really hoping we can get this asdrubal deal done for some nice SP prospects. More specifically Skaggs. Don't really like what I'm reading about Bauer.
                              You're more than welcome to aquire Bauer and then ship him to us for Dee Gordon....


                              ....just sayin.



                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                              Comment


                              • Apparently the Rangers might be in the lead for Greinke now. Those contract numbers being thrown around are ridiculous.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information