MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
    Who will be Twins' CF? damn. Phillies pull the brilliant trade.
    I think it's a fine trade for both sides. Hardly brilliant. Worley has already had some success as a starting pitcher, and projects to be a solid 3 guy. May had a rough go of it in AA, but still has a good deal of potential. If they can get two starting pitchers for a guy that is a big liability at the plate (albeit with great speed and defense), I think that's a win for the Twins.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Revere cant get on base any better than anyone we have. Not really a fan. I guess he gives us speed and D but more importantly flexibility elsewhere? Michael Young? Meh.

Comment

• Phillies trading for Michael Young seems like an Amaro type move.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't mind Revere for what RAJ gave up. Vance Worley is replaceable, though I don't like the idea of Tyler Cloyd in the rotation but I assume Jonathan Pettibone becomes the #5 starter.

Trevor May has great stuff but gives out walks like it's Goodell giving out fines. Biddle is a better prospect anyway.

But of course RAJ will get a declining 3B and probably throw in an extension while he's at it.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• From what I understand, Phils are now gonna try and find a vet on the cheap to be the number 4/5 starter. I think the plan with Young is to get him as a one-year fill-in and then let Asche take over in 2014.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I think it's a fine trade for both sides. Hardly brilliant. Worley has already had some success as a starting pitcher, and projects to be a solid 3 guy. May had a rough go of it in AA, but still has a good deal of potential. If they can get two starting pitchers for a guy that is a big liability at the plate (albeit with great speed and defense), I think that's a win for the Twins.
              Possibly. In 5 years, we know an actual result.

I still give Phillies an edge. Worley just hit the wall last year so he may either rebound back and become solid SP or keep downward. Revere already gets better gradually despite switching league.

Comment

• Why does Revere get better? He's never going to hit for any power at all, and his OBP doesn't show a whole lot of room for growth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  Darin Mastroianni or Aaron Hicks.

Let hope Aaron Hicks handle big club right now.

Comment

Why does Revere get better? He's never going to hit for any power at all, and his OBP doesn't show a whole lot of room for growth.

So what. He is going to be Phillies' leadoff hitter.

Comment

So what. He is going to be Phillies' leadoff hitter.
                      Yeah umm.....he'll need to get on base if he's the leadoff hitter.

Comment

Yeah umm.....he'll need to get on base if he's the leadoff hitter.
                        JRoll has manned that spot for years at barely a better %. once you're in, you're in.

Comment

• So the Twins kinda raped the Phillies. This is a new thing for me.

I loved Ben Revere though, always seemed like a great guy, sad to see him go.

Comment

Let hope Aaron Hicks handle big club right now.
                            I don't understand what you just said, but yes, let's hope he's ready.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Got to give credit to Fielder for the stretch on that Iglesias play

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
                              "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Comment

• Gotta love seeing Cutch hitting homers the other way. He starts hitting the ball hard that way and its usually a sign he's hitting well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information